With no school on Friday, November 11th, and our primary program on Sunday the 13th, Gram and Papa decided to fly in for a quick weekend trip! It was such a fun, action packed weekend!
On Friday, Gram and I took the girls to LA for their first trip to the American Girl store.
A HUGE treat for these girls who each had $50 in gift cards to spend.
The girls got their name on the list for the salon to get Caroline and Julie's hair done. While they waited, they shopped. Horse and carriage was a favorite.
It took about an hour for Madi to find the perfect gift for Caroline - a violin, bow, and music stand!
Elle really wanted something gymnastics for Julie, but then Gram whispered to me that she had already gotten a gymnastics outfit for Julie for Christmas. So I guided her to the cooking section instead. Elle quickly decided on matching aprons for her and Julie instead.
Then it was time to go to the salon.
Beautiful curls for Caroline. . .
And a waterfall side braid for Julie.

I really hope these girls enjoyed their experience because we most likely won't be going back for a very long time. I was shocked at how expensive it was! The girls were polite and grateful though which made me feel a little better about splurging so.
After the AG store, Gram insisted that we get sprinkles cupcakes to share with everyone at home.
The girls couldn't wait to get home to set up their new stuff.
Saturday morning we started our day with a good ol track running/stair climbing workout.
Then it was Rolling Pin donuts and home for haircuts.
Then we headed out to the beach for tide pools and caves. Cal likes sitting by Papa and sharing his music.
This was the only picture I got from our trip!
A visit from Gram isn't complete without lots of story reading.
After the primary program we had an early dinner outside (love that we can do that in November).
Then had to say goodbye for Gram and Papa for them to catch their flight back to Brentwood.
I'm SO grateful for my parents and the sacrifices they make to make sure my kids feel loved and special.





















No comments:
Post a Comment