Thursday, February 28, 2008

8 Months Old!


Madi is 8 months old today. The other day Spencer and I were talking about what our favorite stage has been so far. We both agreed that it is now!! Don't get me wrong, I've LOVED every month so far and have made it a point to enjoy each stage that Madi goes through. It's so easy to wish she was doing something more or always be looking forward to another milestone. However, this past month has probably been the easiest and a TON of fun!

Top 5 reasons why I love the stage Madi is in are:
1) She'll sit and play- and not go anywhere!! Yes, I am excited for her to one day scoot, crawl, walk, etc, but I know it is going to be more exhausting. Plus, I'm not ready to baby proof the house yet!

2) She can eat more than baby food now! I love that we actually eat dinner all together now. I just grind up whatever Spencer and I are eating and she LOVES it...MUCH better than boring, bland baby food! A few foods that Madi's enjoyed trying this past month include: "real" oatmeal, bread, blueberry pancakes, pizza, spaghetti, eggs, chicken, broccoli, and curry!

3) Her personality keeps getting more and more fun! We love watching the things that she takes so seriously and the things that she thinks are absolutely hilarious. For example, the other day she was watching me make noises with my lips. For some reason she thought it was so funny that she kept laughing and laughing. Then she spent the rest of the day trying to do it herself.

4) She talks so much more now. She always has something to say about everything. She lets us now when she is happy, sad, mad, frusterated, bored, and tired. She has quite the beautiful singing voice as well! She also now lets us now when she wants to be picked up. She recently started holding her arms up for us to pick her up.

5) Nursing is no longer an issue. I don't have to worry about leaving her for several hours at a time during the day anymore. It's been great not having to watch the clock when I'm out, knowing that I have to get back to nurse her. We're down to only nursing 3-4 times a day.

Happy 8 months Madi! Thanks for bringing so much happiness into our lives!!

7 comments:

Jen said...

ok, seriously, she is so freaking cute I can't stand it!!!! Give her a big hug and kiss from all of us! I can't believe she is already so big! And, yes, enjoy the last little bit of time before she is mobile!! Just think...my Spencer was walking at 9 months! His favorite thing to get into was the garbage can! YUK! Love you soooooo much! Jen

Lollidale Farm said...

Wow! 8 months old! What a sweet post. It will be so fun to look back on your favorite things at this stage and see how they change. My sister and I were just reminiscing about how much we loved and kind of missed the stage Madi's in right now. She's such a cutie!!

Safire said...

Awww...Madi's stage is like the best of baby-land. Jeff and I used to call it the big-smile-squishy-phase. So cute!

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

Yay, Madi! She's getting to be such a big girl! We try to think about our favorite stage, but it always seems to be whatever stage Lucas is at! There are pros and cons to every stage. Watching Madi learn to walk will be SO exciting--but babyproofing is a neverending job!!!

Candace said...

I love that stage too. I too love just giving Lizette whatever we are having for dinner. It really makes my life easier. Madi is so cute...

Lis said...

Madi always makes me so excited to see what i get to do next! Shes so cute! Seriously! I cant believe shes 8 months. wow. Im glad Lexi has such a fun friend! What a good little girl youve got there!!!

Marbell Payne said...

Happy 8 months! Yes...that is such a great phase!! Emily was walking at 9months...so it helped me appreciate the twinlets not walking until 13 months. AHHH...a relief it was. Enjoy every phase! We all miss you guys ...here in sunny Burbank.