Saturday, March 22, 2008

Pudding, Mustard, & Ketchup

On Saturday, Spencer informed me that he had a very special activity planned for Madilyn. When he told me about the "activity", warning me that Madi might get a little messy, I refused to take part! Well, ok- I couldn't pass up taking pictures, but being the clean freak that I am, it was just very hard for me to encourage such messy behavior. So, after her nap, into the high chair she went!

First on the tray, the contents of a chocolate-vanilla pudding snack pack. I think Madi was a little shocked and she really had to think about the whole scenario.


Next on the tray, mustard and ketchup. Combined with pudding, what a yummy treat! Madi is smart and kept her hands out of her mouth...but she thought it would be a great moisturizer.


Yahhhh, I love Daddy's activities!!!


After making a big mess, into the sink she went for a quick rinse off (this was mama's favorite part:)! Look at that brown water!!


All clean!!

11 comments:

Lis said...

OH MY GOSH! My mouth dropped when i saw these pictures! Its like Lexi at EVERY MEAL!!!! haha! How fun that looks! I EVEN want to jump in on that!!! GO MADI! Its fun to get messy! Thats so nice she kept her hands out of her mouth! Good for her! Lexi still does that when she thinks im not looking! Thats cooL! Did you just want to let her play with it? Well i guess i know you better than feeding her a mix of this!!! That does look so fun though! I also LOVE the way her hair is standing up! SO CUTE! Madi is ALWAYS cute! even covered in Ketchup mustard and pudding!!! You can do anything cute madi!!!

Candace said...

What a fun activity!!! Daddy has the best ideas...

JoSue said...

Ok I can handle Ketchup and pudding but mustard?? That just pushes the activity a little on the gross side. :) Looks like Madi had fun though. Nothing beats making a mess! How is Spencer's school going? We love you guys!

Lollidale Farm said...

Haha!! I love letting kids discover! Madi looks adorable all messy. It would have been funny if she Had tried to eat it.....mustard and pudding together? Yum! I'm sure you would have gotten a great face from that one.

Terry Family said...

Looks like fun! Brittany gets to write her spelling words in shaving cream occasionaly for homework! Fortunately she is old enogh to know better than to smear it all over her body!

Valerie said...

All mixed together at the end? I'm sure she loved it!

The Pickled Red Herring said...

AAAHHH so cute! Yeah Kate thinks these kind of foods might work as shampoo, so she tries to scrub them into her hair. She's also discovered play-doh, so we've been having some good times at our house... Anyway. What a cutie!

Emily C. said...

HI ANIE! Cute little girl. Why do I feel that all my friends ended up in the DC area? I'm with you on the messes. Oh so much fun. I've had a good time reading yours and Tisha's blog. Oh the memories. Good times...good times!

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

Soooooooooooooooooooo fun!!!!! Daddy activities are definitely the best!

The Harpers said...

I love organized messiness! It's so much better than when it's spur of the moment and you're not prepared. How fun!

Jesse Edwards said...

so cute!!! love it! She looks so happy with her food!