Then this morning I got up bright and early to go to my first yard sale as a new mom! Boy was I in heaven! I found tons of great toys for $1 or $2 each!! I made a great haul!
Spencer's favorite find was the Sungli backpack carrier. Backpack and carrier all in one- perfect for trips into the city!
He and Madi had a great time trying it out!
With all the cheap toys I found yard-saleing, my dilemma is deciding weather or not I should keep The Little Peoples Farmhouse. I am now a BIG fan of yard sales and no longer want to pay full price for toys. I don't think Madi would realize her farmhouse was gone, but she loves talking to the little people and animals, and I love how it encourages imaginative play.
12 comments:
You bought it, you might as well keep it, but yard sales ARE great! I have found such excellent deals that I hate paying full price for toys. You can find good books in great shape and other toys for SO cheap. Plus, it's kind of fun to see what you'll discover at yard sales. Always an adventure!
Way to go Anie!! You really cleaned up. Now you need to come to Boston and show me the ropes of yard sailing :)
Brooklyn has the Little People farm animals. She loves them so much. Amazing garage sale finds. You don't see stuff like that at garage sales in Utah. The stuff is trashed by the time they make it to the sales.
i would say if you used a gift card then you might as well keep it, but if you had to pay a ton then take it back, but what else are you going to get with a Toys R Us gift card if you are only going to get toys at yard sales form now on?
yeah- you know how I feel, keep the farm house- we played with our farm house all the time (even though you don't remember :) and it lasted until karlee- it's a great toy! we LOVE our Little People's!! xoxo
Keep the Farmhouse! We love Little People. We started collecting with Brittany and now we have quite the collection. I haven't done garage sales in a long time, but I don't think I have ever bought Little People toys at any of them! Those toys are keepers! Can't wait till Madi can come play with us! Brittany, Kaitlyn and Eric have a whole village of Little People now!
Anie,
The farmhouse you grew up with is still alive and well and up in our attic!! It is just waiting for grandkids to come visit Papa and Gram's house so it can be unboxed. We also have the school house, school bus, garage, hospital....Madi come play with Gram and check out the old toys.
Yes, we love little peoples so keep the farmhouse.
xoxoxMOM
We are huge fans of Little People here, too! I'd say keep it! BUT...we are also huge fans of yards sales (and I think you know my obsession with thrift stores!) Problem there is you can't count on what you'll find when. If you want me to keep my eyes open for anything in particular, I'm happy to do some thrift shopping for you!
I'd say keep it! you bought it with a gift card! But I can also be a great enabler of shopping! So cute and how fun!
That car toy is the rudest toy ever!!! "OUT OF THE WAY!!!" or "I'M OUTTA GAS, FILL HER UP!!!" You'll see! I was happy when the batteries died so I didn't have to listen to the out of tune singing too. Ohh, I love the little people stuff!!! I like to set up all of our stuff and make a city for Hannah and Gavin. Just wait, Madi will get a ton of stuff for her 1st B-day.
Way to be thrifty Anie! I worked for a girl who was crazy about yard sales! She told me that once she started doing sales, she NEVER went back to the stores. You definitely can save some money. Plus, the stuff you got looks barely used and very clean! I'm sure Madi is very pleased with your purchases. :) I think you should keep the farmhouse too by the way.
AAAHHH Where do you find such great yard sales??? Will you take me?
Post a Comment