Friday, March 7, 2008

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

It's crazy how I am so affected by the weather! I have seriously been in heaven these past 4 days with nice, sunny, quasi warm weather. To take advantage of this great weather, Madi and I have gone to the park EVERY day!




Sadly, this morning we woke up to rain! It is also officially the first day of Spencer's spring break, so I was really excited to go outside and do something with the whole family!! Well, because of the rain, we ended up inside all day!! I usually don't mind a nice rainy day. I like to use it as an excuse to stay inside, drink hot cocoa, watch a good movie, and get things done at home. Today I was NOT interested in doing any of that! On top of that, even though it's spring break, Spencer's school had to schedule a huge writing competition over the break. So, he has 400 pages of stuff to read and a paper to write that is due when he goes back to school in a week. That's law school for ya! Needless to say, with the already limited time that Spencer has on his break to hang out, I was really sad that the weather didn't cooperate today!

With no choice but to hang out inside, Madi and I played in her bedroom while Spencer studied. I guess I'm not as much fun as Spencer is-I attempted to fix Madi's hair- leaving her crying. Ya, it's not worth it! I did manage to get one good picture of her, though. I don't think we'll being putting her hair in ponytails much until she's older. She acted like I was pulling hair out of her head or something. Then I had Madi try on a bunch of clothes she is just about ready to fit into-she wasn't too happy about that either.


Instead Madi found happiness doing her daily sets of Pilate's!


As Madi was laying on the floor trying on her new jeans, I randomly noticed how babies must have really strong "cores" because this is Madilyn's instant position anytime I lay her on the ground: She brings her legs up, then down, then half way up- holds them- brings them all the way up, then back down. I tried doing them with her this afternoon and I got tired trying to keep up!!

However, Madi soon lost interest in "playing" with me (more like me playing with her!!) Hearing her calls of desperation, Dad came to the rescue!! After cleaning the kitchen I came in to find THIS in the middle of the family room floor!


I could hear talking and laughing underneath, so I had to take a peak! Yes, dad is MUCH more fun to hang out with than Mama. He kept Madilyn captivated for over an hour playing musical intruments, dancing to classical music, playing with ALL her stuffed animals, and hiding out in their fort!




Hopefully the weather quickly improves so we can get outside and do something fun while Spencer has a little time and isn't stuck at school!

7 comments:

Lis said...

Thats very cute with Spencer and Madi in a fort! I love how shes like peeking out to let you take a picture! How is it that no matter what Dads always seem to be more fun?

Lexi hates getting her hair done too. She crys EVERY time like im pulling her hair out and I KNOW it doesnt hurt her because she cries even when i comb it to the side and put a little clip in it. That cant hurt? I try giving her something to play with like her tooth brush and then shes "usually" quiet. I figure shes just gotta get used to it because im GOING to do her hair! Hello??? its what ive been waiting all my life for? I guess im a mean mom! Ahh! I think Madi looks super cute with her little pony! Her hair is totally long enough! Love the new pants too.

Annie said...

your post are always so cute and fun!! I can just hear you say exactly what you have written. You little girl is so cute. sorry about the weather. hope you are having a great day!!

Jen said...

As far as the hair thing goes....she'll get used to it. If you don't do anything to it until she's older, she'll NEVER leave anything in her hair and it will always be in her face!! Dad's are so much more fun because they are more similar in thinking to children. They see fun in things mom's don't. That's why I'm always so glad when daddy comes home!!! Love you!

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

You make me laugh!! I love that you tried to fix Madi's hair and try on all of her clothes!!! And that you tried to keep up with her pilate exercises!!! :) I'm sorry that the weather didn't cooperate, but glad that Madi still had fun with her daddy! She is adorable!

JoSue said...

Forts are ingenious. They could entertain kids for hours! That was always a Sunday afternoon activity for my brother and me. We would build some pretty elaborate forts. So fun to see the pictures! Glad the weather is warmer. At least there isn't snow on the ground!

Jones Family said...

Madi loves her Daddy. I love seeing your blog. Madi is so beautiful. We need to introduce Gavin and Madi.

The Pickled Red Herring said...

Oh my gosh these are so CUTE! You guys always seem to have so much fun! Poor Kate has just become very good at drawing because it's one activity she can do completely by herself - no forts or bathtime sagas at our house... Kate's the same with the hair, except she only just now GREW hair, so she's even more defiant when I try to pigtail it! I'll just keep on trying...