Monday, April 28, 2008

10 Months

Madilyn is 10 months old today!! She's getting to be such a big girl-always growing and changing! It's fun to watch all the new things that she learns to do each month. Just a few of my personal favorites include:

Eating completely on her own. After quiting nursing at the first of the month, Madi decided to become VERY independent with eating. She decided that she didn't enjoy being fed anymore, but preferred to feed herself. I was completely ok with this, as it saves a lot of time and allows me to enjoy my meal while she enjoys her! Yes, all the food must be cut up into bite size pieces, which sometimes ends up taking longer than it does for her to devour what has been placed in front of her!

Some of Madi's favorite foods for the time being include: green beans, cheese, banana muffins, eggs, sausage, and waffles (the last 3 shown below).


Then washed down with a drink from her favorite sippy cup (thanks Marbell)!


Madilyn loves sharing!! At every meal she makes sure to offer Spencer and I a piece of what she is eating. Sometimes she likes to trick us, pulling back her hand as we go into eat it- giving her a good laugh!



Madi shares everything from food, to toys, to things she picks outside.



Madi points at everything now. It's fun to see the things she get excited about as she points, and squeals!


Counting her fingers: one, two, three, four, five- yep, all there!



Madi's a girl after my own heart with a love for the outdoors! Sometimes I just throw out a blanket and relax in the sun, while Madi sits in the shade and explores....



But we always have to stop by the park. Madilyn enjoys playing on the equipment, going down the slide and swinging. Most of the time she just sits and stares, pointing at the trees, birds, clouds, etc.



As for crawling, she is a very subborn girl and likes to move on her own time and at her own pace. She hates being forced to get on her knees and "practice". Although sometimes I am able to bribe her a little!



Mmmmmm.....strawberry shortcake!



At the end of the day, when we go into her bathroom, I can never get Madi's clothes off fast enough as she pulls herself up and hangs onto the side of the tub, usually leaning in to grab at her toys, letting me know that she is VERY ready for bath time!




My final favorite for the month is that Madi now waves (an open and closed hand wave vs. an entire arm wave which she'd been doing for awhile) and says, "bye, bye". It's fun to walk outside when the neighborhood kids are coming home from school. Madi gets super excited to see all the kids and waves frantically. She also enjoys smiling and waving at everyone we pass in the store. It'd make you think that she wasn't sacred of strangers. Well, at least until they actually get close and try to touch her. That's when she let's them know how she really feels! What a fun month, and to think- there is LOTS more fun ahead!!

12 comments:

Tisha said...

looks like fun! I love the pink flower in her hair pic! I love the zoo pics too- ani looked at them with me and really like them! lov eyou guys! xoxo

Lis said...

What fun! I cant wait to see her wave and hear her say bye bye! thats so cute! Thats awesome shes pulling her self up! Maybe shes just deciding crawling is for babies! SHe wants to get right to walking! GO MADI! shes such a cutie! Happy 10 months!

Lindsey said...

It is so fun to see all her little milestones. I loved when Brooklyn started eating on her own. I can actually eat my food now before it gets cold! That is so cute that she is waving. Brooklyn hasn't quiet got the hang of it. She has only done it a few times. Funny how all kids learn different things at different times.

Terry Family said...

Anie, we have found that a pair of kitchen scissors (the ones for food) are very handy for cutting food into little pieces. The pizza cutter is also a good tool to have on hand! The pictures that I could see were adorable. Once again, I guess some of the pictures were not meant for my eyes because they had the little red x on the box!

Shandis said...

So cute! Don't you just want to keep her little forever?!?!

JoSue said...

Who wouldn't get up and move for strawberry shortcake? Yum!! Strawberries in the store are especially good right now too. Looks like fun!

Candace said...

Happy 10 month birthday Madi. I love it when babies learn something new.. It is so exciting. We can't wait to hang out during the summer.

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

She's so adorable. I can't believe she's 10 months already...and eating all of those solid foods! Good for her! Isn't just amazing to watch her??? It's hard to believe how someone so little knows exactly what she wants and likes!

I'll answer your Raid qtns here, since I'm commenting anyway! Raid Max Roach kills ants AND crickets, and it is intended for indoor use! I used it outside. I'm nervous about using it inside...but it says you can! Good luck! :)

Lacey said...

oh my gosh she is so adorable, she seems very busy, and yeah i wouldn't worry about the crawling thing, at least she is all over the place yet!

Erin said...

What a sweet girl! I liked this entry- it gives me things to look forward to with Jonah instead of being sad that he's getting bigger. There is lots to look forward to, isn't there?

Val said...

I can't believe how big she is getting! Pretty soon she'll be 5 and you can start feeling really old like me! And Anie, you are just as gorgeous as ever!

Jones Family said...

I love your Madi updates... She is so beautiful. Seriously, you guys made one pretty little girl. Can't wait to see you guys when your come back to California. I'm sure Kevin will want to go golfing with Spencer.