She's been in her car seat for a week now and already had her first accident! Today has been a rough day for Madi (and mama)! After getting her regular 12 hours of sleep last night, she woke up happy and ready for the day. But within one hour of being awake, she was already starting to get tired. She went down for a morning nap and when she woke up I figured she must be hungry!! I gave her another bottle and began sharing my Cream of Wheat cereal with her, when out of nowhere she gagged and threw up all over the rug! Let's just say that was one of three times I had to clean-up throw-up today. After her third incident (which just happened to be in the car on the way home from the metro- in her NEW car seat!) we had to jump into doctor's order of feeding Madilyn only 2 teaspoons of Pedialyte every 5 minutes, for 4 hours! Poor Madi, she was so hungry!! After each pedialyte dose she would cry out for more. Notice her hand in the picture below trying to grab the dropper, savoring every drop!
We don't have any idea about what this could be, but I truly believe it's the result of Madi no longer nursing. For 9 months Madilyn's only gotten one little cold, which cleared up after a couple of days. Five days after turning 9 months, she sadly decided that she was done nursing and wanted a bottle instead. Then 2 weeks later, this happens! Oh how I wish she would have kept nursing longer. I guess it all comes with growing up!
16 comments:
Oh, Poor Madi! And poor you having to clean up all those messes. Great carseat! Andrew still talks about Madi as his girlfriend. Haha!
Poor girl, hope she feels better soon. Milana would be jealous of Madi in her car seat. In CA you have to stay rear until 20 lbs and Milana is still not there!
Poor girl. You just feel so sorry for them, and for us having to clean up the mess!
poor thing! so sorry for you! Cleaning up throw like that is hard...It's so upsetting for her and then you have to clean it and she wants to be held. I hope she gets better soon!
Love and hugs to Miss Madi!! I hear ya on the staying healthy while nursing. Ava and Logan both nursed until they were almost a year old. Ava was super healthy, and Logan's only issue was ear infections (and chicken pox!). Love you all!!
Poor Madi, and poor Anie! I hope you both survive! Throwing up is no fun! Lucas has done it A LOT! Get well soon, Madi!
Poor girl, being sick is no fun! Love the new carseat. What kind did you get, is it the Maxi-Cosi?
Heather, we got her the evenflo, Triumph Advance LX. We lucked out with it even being on sale!! OH YA! :)
Hey Anie,
It's Erin (Olson). I found you through your sisters blog. Your little girl is so cute! It's so fun to catch up on what you've been up to. We're actually moving out to DC this next fall. Phil is working at a firm there so we'll be there for a while. We'll have to get together.
Hope your little girl gets feeling better! Sick babies are so sad. :(
Here are my contributions to the blogging craze:
http://msolivia.blogspot.com
http://thehaphazardlife.blogspot.com
Give Madi hugs and kisses from us! Hope she gets feeling better. Kaitlyn and Eric both got new carseasts 2 weeks ago. They love their matching car seats and I love how clean they look right now! Hopefully we can keep them that way for a long time!
SOrry to hear you guys are sick! WEll.. and glad to hear youre better now! Cute car seat! Madi youre getting to be such a big girl! Youre going to be 1 in 2 almost months!!!!
Anie,
If it weren't 12:41 AM your time, I would call you to say, don't click on the Here in the message above this one. It is a virus that will try to attack your computer. One of my other friends has been having this problem with her blog. I clicked on it on her blog and it said I had just been infected with a virus and it tried to get me to open some sort of spamware software. Fortunately I didn't open it because I think then I really would have gotten it. As it was, there was some sort of cookie on my computer that could track credit cards and passwords, etc. Just watch out! I am thinking that if you have that thing on you comments where you have to put in the letters that you see, then that may stop it. My friend has had it several times in the last couple of weeks, with different identities. Good luck.
Lindsay
Thanks Linds for the warning! I've gotten those messages before. I clicked on it the first time, but have deleted them every time sine then.
Poor girl! Hope she is feeling better!
Congrats on the big girl seat. I hope Madi feels better. It is always a bummer when the baby is sick... Good luck.
Aww, if Hunter could he would give Madi kisses all over! Hope she starts feeling better soon!
Post a Comment