Friday, June 13, 2008

Boating

With the HOT temps we've been having here in Brentwood, we decided to head out to Discovery Bay this afternoon to go boating with some friends.


This was Madi's first boating experience, so of course I had to take a few pictures! She wasn't a big fan of the life jacket, but I thought it was pretty hilarious!



I thought letting her drive the boat would help..... no such luck! To Madi's credit, the life jacket did seem VERY hot and uncomfortable!


Standing up helped a little.


Luckily, once we got moving everything was better! Madi was super content watching the water spray behind the boat and feeling the cool air on her face.

8 comments:

The Harpers said...

You're making us miss being in a boat!!! Looks like so much fun, and those life jacket pictures (especially the first one) are HILARIOUS! What a cutie pie.

Lollidale Farm said...

Oh my goodness! Madi looks so cute in that life jacket! I got a good laugh out of it! :)

lisa said...

Where was your life jacket missy?

Lis said...

How cute! Love that! But she does look REALLY HOT and not happy about that! Still cute though! how FUN! BOATING!!!

Terry Family said...

Life jackets are uncomfortable for everyone. You just reach a certain age and it isn't acceptable to cry! Looks like fun! How hot has it been?

Jones Family said...

I think the life jacket is bigger than her!

Becca said...

Awww, she does look really hot - but so cute!! Just thinking of boating makes me want to go out on the lake!

Candace said...

The picture of her in the life jacket makes me laugh...