Monday, June 30, 2008

Cousin Brittany

Madi's cousin Brittany was here visiting all last week. What a FUN week for Madi to have another cousin to play with. Brittany will be turning 9 in October and starting 4th grade in the fall. Knowing that I had taught 4th grade for 3 years, Brittany requested that we play school! Growing up this was one of my favorite things to play, so I was happy to oblige. When Madi would go down for her nap, Brittany would set up her desk, and I'd start loading on the assignments! Thanks to a great resource book her mom had picked up at Costco, Brittany had TONS of stuff to work on. We did math, reading, writing, and even geography!! After Brittany completed her assignments I would grade them, putting stars by all the correct problems and have her redo any wrong answers. Brittany ASKED for me to assign her homework, and would even ask for more! While the novelty of playing school only lasted 2 days, we sure had a lot of fun!


Madi seemed to be very interested in what Brittany was working on. I just hope Madi lets me play school with her when she gets a little older. I'm hoping to start next year!!


Brittany was so sweet to include Madi during recess time.



She even let Madi join in on all the outside jobs!


Madi decided that mowing the lawn was MUCH too hard of a task!


Following with the "school" theme, Brittany asked that we take field trips during the day. One day we went to All Pet Headquarters where there were lots of different animals, but most importantly- puppies galore! We were able to watch the puppies interact and even take them out to hold, pet, and play with.


After the puppies, we stopped by the Camarillo library to see a juggler extraordinaire! Brittany was even called out of the audience to be a helper!


What a great week with cousin Brittany! Madi is now back to having her own bedroom and sleeping in MUCH later! THANK GOODNESS!! Spencer and I were getting very tired of the 6:30 or even 6am wake up time! Madi just loves Brittany so much that when she'd wake up in the morning and see Brittany, she'd instantly want to play! It's amazing how just by having her own room, Madi quickly went back to sleeping in until 7 or 7:30am! MUCH BETTER!

2 comments:

Jones Family said...

Can I just say I love Madi's chubby thighs!!! They are so cute.... ON HER, not on me...

Lollidale Farm said...

How fun is that! Glad Madi's back to her old sleep schedule. :)