Monday, December 15, 2008

BIG SISTER!!


Well, it's official- in just a few short months (7 to be exact), Madi will be taking on BIG sister duties!! I know it's still pretty early on in my pregnancy to be announcing, but it's going to be quite hard to hide my growing belly any longer. Boy does it seem to grow faster the second time around!! Two weeks ago we went in for my first ultrasound. The baby was 1.59 cm long and had a nice, loud heartbeat. Crazy that such a little thing can have such a strong heartbeat!

Madi's doing surprisingly well with understanding there is a baby in mama's tummy. The first time I told her she looked down my shirt to try and find it. Now she just points to my belly and says "baby tummy" and then gives my stomach a kiss.

As for Spencer and I, we're both thrilled about welcoming another child into our home. We'd been having a hard time with Madi being an only child, all the attention being on her, and having no one for her to play with. We don't care if it's a boy or girl, but I have a feeling it's going to be another girl. Seems like that would be easier with space and such. Plus, starting our third year of law school, we're not going to have a lot of extra money to buy a bunch of boy stuff. Having two girls back to back, and born in the same season seems easier! But then having a boy might help to even out all the DRAMA around here!

As for me, I'm just hoping that the nausea and extreme exhaustion end soon. Looking back at when I was pregnant with Madi, all I can remember is how much I enjoyed being pregnant. I forgot all about those mornings I'd be teaching math and feel like I was going to throw-up (thankfully I never did- but the feeling was always there)! It was only a first trimester thing, so I'm hoping to get some energy back in the next couple of weeks as I enter the second trimester!

26 comments:

Lollidale Farm said...

Congratulations!!! Madi will be such a great big sister. I forsee her trying to wheel the new baby around in her doll stroller (my kids LOVED doing that, and it scared me just a little!!).

Heidi said...

We read about this in your Christmas card and have been meaning to tell you congrats!! Hope you feel better soon

Lacey said...

wow congratulations! that is so awesome! you will have to keep us posted on what that little babe is!

Safire said...

Yay congrats!!

Marisa said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! That is so exciting!! We are thrilled for you guys! I'm so sad that I won't be there though to see the little one!

GO Gray's said...

Congratulations!!! Your little girl is so cute.

Cristin said...

Congrats! I got your Christmas card today and I am so excited for you guys. Yup, financially, have two of the same sex is much easier.

Shauna said...

What exciting news. I'm sure Madi is going to be a great sister. Please let me know if you need anything. Even if you just need someone to watch Madi for awhile. Logan could always use a new play buddy. Congratulations!

Jen said...

We couldn't be more excited for you!!! Hopefully we can plan our trip out east in time with seeing this new little baby! Can't wait to give her/him snuggles and loves. Hugs and kisses to you and your sweet little package! Love you bunches!

Shandis said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for the three of you! Please post belly pictures!!

JoSue said...

I've already told you congrats but I just wanted to say it again because I'm so excited for you! I think Madi needs.......a little sister!! I'm sure Spence wants a boy though. Hopefully you start feeling better soon. Love you!

Terry Family said...

Yeah! We love cousins! How did the popcorn turn out on Saturday?

Lis said...

WOOT WOOT! I CANT WAIT! Another cute Jenkins! We will totally be there to help you play with Madi while your other tiny one is napping!!! I love the post!

Lacey said...

ok about the sling, they are all the same. The design of the fabric is what is different. So which ever one you think is the cutest put that in your post! if you have any other questions let me know!

Popi and CeCe said...

Congratulations! This is the best news. Madi will be a perfect big sister! Put your feet up!Ha . . . and feel better!
Cheryl

momster said...

Congratulations!!! Woo Hoo!!!

The Pickled Red Herring said...

I knew it. I just knew it. Of course if I kept up with your blog very well I'd have known it SOONER! Instead I had to read it in your Christmas letter. Congrats, I'm so excited! We need some more little kiddies running around the neighborhood!

The Pickled Red Herring said...

Um and by "I knew it" I did NOT mean that you look pregnant in any way (apart from the "glow"... right?) I meant I knew the spacing between kids you were aiming for and was just waiting for the news. That's all. Please don't be offended!

Also I'm sorry to leave you with yucky fish to take care of during this time! Make Spencer do the dirty work. And thank you!!!

Jones Family said...

I'm so happy for you guys. You are too funny. Remember how long it took you to tell everyone that you were pregnant with Madi. Weren't you like 20 weeks are so when Spencer said, "Anie, you're showing, you need to tell people!" I can still remember when you came over to my house to see tiny baby Gavin and you got a wave of nausea.
Madi is going to be a great big sister.

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!! The secret is OUT! Matt and I can't wait to love another Jenkins family member! You guys still rock our world!

martyrudd said...

Yeah...the secret is out and we love the news!! We love you, baby girl....and Spencer and Madi too.
xoxoxMOM/GRAM

sylvia said...

congratulations!! We definitely love having two girls. It'll be so nice for Madi to have a playmate.

The Hansen Family said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We couldn't be more happier for you cuz!!!!!! Love love love love you!
Ethan loves being a big brother. :-)

Cothran Family said...

Ok, you rock! Congrats! Hooray! I love new babies! That is so wonderful! Love you Anie

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

Hip, hip hooray! Congratulations to you guys! For us, the 2nd baby has been such a joy! She's such a great baby, and we already know the drill!

Good luck getting through pregnancy!

Melissa said...

Great news! Congratulations!