Nothing gets me more into the Spirit of Christmas than getting out the holiday decorations, setting up the tree, and blasting Christmas music. This weekend was a good one because we did just that. Our tree is up, we had our first snow (it didn't "stick" around for long though), and we even got to see Santa Claus!! It's been a GREAT weekend!
Spencer with his great pick. Quite the beauty!! Madi and I were little to no help- we stayed inside Home Depot to keep warm. I'm not doing so well with the cold weather this year!
Saturday night was the Ward Christmas party. I made sure Madi got a late nap so that she'd be happy. Worked like a charm! She was quite the social butterfly all night (a side we've never seen before)! She didn't want to sit with Spencer and I. Instead she walked around visiting with all the other kids. I was sure she'd freak out when Santa arrived though. To my surprise she started clapping and yelled, "SanTa!" Then we waited in line for 45 minutes to sit on his lap. Madi again surprised us with NOT crying when placed on his lap. No, she wouldn't look at him, nor would she smile, but she sat on his lap and we got a picture, and that's all that matters!!
Here's to the holiday season!!
10 comments:
So cute! And I think a bunch of kids were so excited to see Santa that everyone else was excited too!
So, is it just me or does Santa look more scared of Madi than she does of him? My kids have always been so scared of Santa at that age. The pictures I have of my little people with Santa are all of Santa smiling and children screaming. Not the happiest pictures, but we sure love to laugh at them! I'm glad your potatoes turned out well for the party, there's nothing worse than making food for things and it doesn't turn out. That is always one of my biggest fears! Love you tons!!!!
So fun to catch up with your blogg...you guys look great and I especially love your fall family pics....I have always dreamed of going back east for the fall colors...wow!!! Madi is so darn cute...what a big girl. Every picture of her is darling. Hearing about the cold weather really makes me shiver. Hang in there. Your hair is so long...it looks great. We miss you guys here...but are so glad that you are having a wonderful time in DC.
Ho Ho Ho! Merry Christmas!!! Beeeautiful tree!:) Wish you could come over and our kids could sing Christmas songs together!:)
I love the real Christmas tree!! Sorry you had to stand in line for 45 minutes! Madi is adorable! We need to blast the Christmas music together!!!
Your Christmas tree looks amazing! I love all white lights. We have yet to do that on our tree. Hasn't the cold just been miserable? It's 20 degrees here right now...hate it.
Yeah Clark's birthday was definitely the drag of the century. I felt really bad but he's super busy/stressed right now so there wasn't much to do when we only had a couple hours to celebrate and he was dead tired! We had a fun Saturday though to make up for it. Wait, so I never found out if you are going out to California for Christmas?
Love you guys! XOXO
That looks like the perfect tree...all set up and looking good in your front window. I love Christmas time!
Love the tree! Thanks for hanging out with us at the Christmas party. I don't think Scott will ever tire of watching Madi at church functions - now you just need to help me convince him he wants a "Madi" of his own to keep him entertained all the time! :)
CanI cry? I wish we were there to go TREE shopping with you! That was SOOOOOOO fun last year! Did you borrow our truck? I hope you did!@!!!! I meant to call you and tell you to take it! Aww... we miss you! It was so nice to talk to you today! Ive been meaning to call you like EVERY SINGLE DAY! TEAR! Its just been a little crazy around here. I seriously have a full time job with this picture stuff. (Not that im getting PAID like i have a full time job)
So cute! I think she's the first baby I've seen NOT crying with Santa! Way to go! Your tree is beautiful. Hope you have a Merry Crhistmas!
Post a Comment