Wednesday, December 10, 2008

One Two buckle my SHOE!

While my mom was here, she taught Madi to complete this rhyme:

One, two, buckle my- "SHOE"
Three, four, shut the- "DOOR"
Five, six, pick up- "STICKS"
Seven, eight, lay them- "STRAIGHT"

With an alternate ending of:
Nine, ten, a big fat- "TUMMY!"

Madi got most of it down while Gram was here. Then finally, this past week, Madi's been saying the entire thing. However, Madi's very camera shy and NEVER does it when I get the camera out (believe me, I've attempted several times)! Also, as I've mentioned before, the audio is messed up on our camera so you can usually barely hear her when she's talking. At least tonight she yelled a little. Sorry mom, this is the best I've got so far. Know that she does say it now though! Thanks for being such a good teacher!!



On another note, (since my videos are finally able to upload- I've had some trouble the past couple of days), I thought I'd post Madi saying some of her letters. She now knows (can recognize them from a group) the letters B, O, M, and most recently U.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

I had that song stuck in my head today!

Jen said...

yes, mom taught that "alternate" ending to Ava too. Now she absolutely WON'T say it any other way!

Shauna said...

What a cutie! I'm really looking forward to being closer to you guys. It will be fun to see Logan with all these adorable girls. Oh, and your Christmas tree is beautiful. Are you guys going to be around for Christmas? If so we should try and get the kids together.

Anonymous said...

Chewy Chewy Chewy...love how she kept saying that at the end of the video.

Lis said...

okay i havent even watched the 2nd one yet! I was just too excited i had to comment! OH MY GOSH! thats so freakin cute! shes seriously the smartest 17 month old in the WORLD! I lOVE IT! I love the song! LOVE IT!!! Oh man... im going to have to show these to Lexi tomorrow!!!