I LOVE the Sunday before Christmas! I love everything about it- the music, the lessons, and especially little girls Christmas dresses! I've been looking forward to this Sunday for quite awhile. I was excited to hear the choir sing (which sadly I haven't been able to be a part of- due to frustrations with having one car and it being during Madi's nap time). I was excited to hear our good friends narrate the program (Way to go Stacie and Scott! Spencer said it was AWESOME:). I was excited for our combined YW's lesson. And of course I was excited to dress Madi in her adorable Christmas dress (I even bought sparkly red shoes to go with it)! I think this year was even more special because it's the first time that Spencer and I were actually in our own ward for Christmas Sunday. Every year before this we'd already be back in California by now.
Well, to preface all this, I must back up to last night. We went to a friend's birthday party at 7pm (yes, already past bedtime- but we knew we wouldn't be out long). We left the birthday party early to go watch the BYU Bowl game (no comment on the game). We layed Madi down at our friend's house as soon as we got there. So she got a good couple of hours of sleep before we moved her at midnight to head home. Of course she wasn't happy about being awaken from such a sound sleep, but she was happy to be back in her own bed 20 minutes later. With getting broken sleep, we knew Madi would be up early the next morning. Sure enough I hear her crying at 5am. I figured I'd give her her binky and she'd go right back to sleep. However, as soon as I walked into her room, the smell of vomit almost made me gag! I quickly called for Spencer to come help. Madi was laying there on her side crying, with throw-up all over her pajamas, her fitted sheet and blanket (luckily it was only in one small area). Spencer quickly picked her up, carried her into the bathroom, and immediately stuck her into the bathtub. Yep, this left me with the fun job of stripping the bed, and rinsing out her sheet and blankets before throwing them into the wash. Everything was back to order by 6am and I put Madi back to bed. She got another 2 1/2 hours of sleep before waking up for the day at 8:30am. She was happy and seemed to be doing so much better. I fed her dry toast for breakfast with water and applesauce. Then at 10:30am she went down for her regular Sunday morning nap. I was excited because I thought this meant that for sure I'd be able to go to Sacrament meeting. I had no problem bringing Madi if she just sat on my lap. Then we'd leave right after- so not to spread anything. I really didn't want to miss the Christmas Program! So I showered, dressed, and got everything ready to go to church. Unfortunately, Madi was still sleeping when Spencer was ready to leave, and I did not want to wake her. So since Spencer had teaching responsibilities, I stayed home and let Madi get her sleep! What a bummer!! While I hear I missed a GREAT program, all I can say about today is how thankful I am for bathtubs and washing machines!! Hope the rest of you had a wonderful Christmas Sunday!
7 comments:
So sad! Is Madi doing better now, though? No more throwing up? I've missed you at choir, I must say. We pulled it off, though! :)
Bummer!! You are so nice to let her sleep. I would've done the same. Hopefully you got some sleep too! Today we didn't even have a Christmas program because nobody is here. So it was pretty lame. Have a good week! We'll talk to you on Christmas probably. Love you
Throwing up.....blows chunks! :-)
Hope that little lamb is feeling better.
We had a great Christmas Sunday in our ward. We blessed Beckham, then had a great program.
One for the books. :-)
GET SOME SLEEP cuz, we love you guys!
Wow Anie! Im soooooooo sorry!!!! How strange just the one episode! Im glad it was over quickly! Id hate sitting at home cleaning that up all day. Im glad she took a good nap too! Sorry you missed the program! I went but i might as well have stayed home, I didnt hear anything over giving lexi snack after snack trying to keep her quiet!!!!
Awww...I'm so sorry! Butterfly had the same thing about a week ago. Sorry if Madi got it from us. Good news is that it only lasts one time. Too bad you missed me playing my violin though! :)
Poor girl! I know that smell of vomit too well--Lucas has always thrown up a lot! I hope she's feeling better!
I'm sorry you missed church! Have a great Christmas!
What a bummer!! Put Madi in her dress and take LOTS of pictures anyway.
Post a Comment