For the past 3 months, one of Madi's absolute favorite things to do is draw. She's created more pictures than I can count and we're running out of wall space to display them. While drawing pictures is her favorite thing to do, she also loves coloring. Sometimes I'll find her laying on her stomach, in the middle of the room, with a coloring book open and crayons/colored pencils strewn around her. We've ventured out to doing sticker art and even water painting. I have to admit, I like activities that are clean, easy, and don't make a big mess! The only time I've done actual paints with Madi was for Father's Day when she made her daddy a card with her picture and hand print. I guess I'd decided she was still too young and painting is far too messy!Well, Spencer's always encouraging me to do new activities with Madi, so when Melissa suggested painting, I decided to give it a try! Melissa is the brave, crafty one who has NO fear of having open bottles of paint with 2 toddlers running around. So, this morning Madi and I headed over to HER place for painting!
We stripped the girls down to their diapers, layed newspaper out on the kitchen floor, hung up two sheets of paper (onto a board that Melissa uses for painting), and let the girls get to work! They both LOVED it! Madi delicately dipped her paintbrush into the paint, making careful strokes on her paper.



While Madi is the type who does NOT like getting dirty (yes, totally takes after her mom), Lexi sure had a great time experimenting with the colors, splattering paint with her brush, and creating a beautiful masterpiece (regardless of how much paint got on her body)!
What talented little artists!

5 comments:
That looks like SOOO much fun! Don't be surprised if you see something like this on our blog. I can already see Hunter going NUTS with this idea!!!
Okay, people keep telling me that im CRAZY, BRAVE and STUPID for allowing this activity to take place IN DOORS. I guess i didnt realize how DUMB it was at the time??? Im so glad we did it though!!! I love Madi's art skillz!!! Shes hilarious to watch! I guess because im used to a crazed monkey child. Madi is so calm with her painting! I could go on and on!!! I love the way she holds her brush! I didnt notice it until I saw the pictures!!! Shes so cute!!!
Oh and Doreen, GO FOR IT!!!
I love how different Madi and Lexi are with how they do things - that is what makes it so fun. Expect your next child to be completely different from Madi too. I wish Tyler could have come!
ANIE!!! How the heck are you? I found Eliza on FB and she said you had a blog so I totally wanted to check it out. Madi is beautiful and I hear another little one is on the way! That is so exciting!
Can you believe that I have 3 little girls! Well I am Super excited that I found you and Eliza! I have thought about you guys many times through out the years. I have a blog too but I made it private recently. I would love to send you an invite-just email me at gretchches@gmail.com
~Gretchen Chesley
I love Madi's necklace. I can't believe how clean she is... I don't like messy painting activities either. When its warmer you can just paint outside and hose the girls off.
Post a Comment