Luckily Spencer didn't leave until early Wednesday morning, so it actually gave us 2 days for some quality family time. Monday was a gorgeous day so we decided to go to the zoo! We spent a fabulous day checking out the sloth bears, elephants, hippos, oragatangs, birds, zebras, lions, cheetahs, and pandas (just to name a few that we saw)! We did lots of walking, enjoyed the warm sunshine, and had a great time. Unfortunately, we were having so much fun that neither of us were in the mood to take many pictures. We documented the day with video instead. The couple pictures that were taken are all of the backs of our heads like these ones:
After an action packed family day on Monday, Spencer spent Tuesday getting ready for his trip. Then from Wednesday morning until Friday night, Spencer and his friend Wayne went fishing. They made their base camp at an old inn in this little Amish town called Grantsville-which is right on the Pennsylvania-Maryland border. On Wednesday, they fished the Casselman River. The fishing conditions weren't the best-there was tons of wind and it was cold. No one caught a fish but Spencer didn't care-he was just happy to be on the water, actually learning how to fly fish. On Thursday, they decided to head a bit more west and fish the North Branch of the Potomac. In the morning, it was so cold that the guides on their rods were icing up. Fortunately, once the sun came up over the mountains, it warmed up enough to unfreeze everything and they found some good pools to fish in. Wayne caught a couple nice rainbows, but Spencer was skunked once again. On Friday, they decided to try out the Savage River. This was Spencer's lucky day!! Around noon, Spencer caught a nice 14 inch rainbow!! Needless to say, Spencer is totally into this fly fishing thing!





With Spencer off catching some trout, Madi and I stuck around home and had our own kind of fun! We went to the park, hung out with friends, cleaned the house, did some organizing/ dejunking, and had LOTS of Mommy/ Madi bonding time!




With Spencer off catching some trout, Madi and I stuck around home and had our own kind of fun! We went to the park, hung out with friends, cleaned the house, did some organizing/ dejunking, and had LOTS of Mommy/ Madi bonding time!
8 comments:
Haha! Love the picture of you two in the swings! Glad Spencer could have fun fishing this week. I bet that's relaxing for him.
That's what I need to do! Some serious organizing/dejunking. Maybe you can come and do my house next???
Ha ha. You need to frame the last picture of you two on the swings.
I'm glad that Spencer had a good time and finally caught something! It's fun to have mommy daughter time (although in my case it's mommy son time) too. :)
Thats so cool Spencer has such a fun new hobby and that you guys still got a few days to do family stuff! We need to hit the zoo again when the warm weather shows up. Love the swing picture!!! hhaa!
Hmm... flyfishing? I guess you can take the boy out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the boy. Of course in Spencer's case, the country is 2 generations back. I'm sure Jeremy is proud of him! I think I would've hung out with you and Madi... looks like a lot more fun.
Oh man, just hearing about him being in that river on such a cold morning makes me want to crawl under my covers and turn up the heat!! I'm glad he got to go try out his fishing rod though! I can't say I've EVER been fishing so I'm fine to just look at pictures. So did he bring the fish home or let them go? I never know how it works.
I love the pictures of Madi painting and how clean she is compared to her friend. So funny the differences in personalities. Miss you guys!
Ah! you rode the giant swing.........awesome!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment