
Spencer and I's conversation at lunch today:
Me: "You're not wearing any green."
Spencer: "Ya, that's dumb."
Me: "Were people wearing green at your school today?"
Spencer: "You're kidding right?"
Spencer then tells me that St. Patrick's Day is the dumbest holiday ever. So not to offend any of you, his obvious bad attitude stems back to elementary school when some kid pinched him for not wearing green. Spencer then proceeded to punch him in the face (yes, followed by a "white slip" to be sent home to mom). Hence the bad attitude!
While Spencer's not the biggest fan of St. Patrick's Day, Madi and I sure had a fun day wearing our green and joining some friends for a St. Patrick's Day celebration. We ate green rice krispie treats, green pudding, bread with green butter, green candy popcorn, and drank green punch!
Me: "You're not wearing any green."
Spencer: "Ya, that's dumb."
Me: "Were people wearing green at your school today?"
Spencer: "You're kidding right?"
Spencer then tells me that St. Patrick's Day is the dumbest holiday ever. So not to offend any of you, his obvious bad attitude stems back to elementary school when some kid pinched him for not wearing green. Spencer then proceeded to punch him in the face (yes, followed by a "white slip" to be sent home to mom). Hence the bad attitude!
While Spencer's not the biggest fan of St. Patrick's Day, Madi and I sure had a fun day wearing our green and joining some friends for a St. Patrick's Day celebration. We ate green rice krispie treats, green pudding, bread with green butter, green candy popcorn, and drank green punch!
Madi with her friends (L-R) Logan, Kate, Tess and Tyler (missing from the picture: Lexi, Brooklyn, Bella, and Jake).
Hope you all had a HAPPY Saint Patrick's Day!

7 comments:
OKAY, JUST THE TITLE HAD ME BUSTING UP!!! THATS FUNNNNNNNNNY!!!!!!!!! Haha!! I love it! and YES THEY ARE! THEY CUTEST FRIENDS! LEXI HAS FRIENDS! YEY!!!
Anie, it was as if I was sitting next to Spencer, having a conversation with him...You wrote that well! As to him not wearing green, it's not like we didn't celebrate the holiday as kids. Mom always made us green lunches, and we always had corned beef and cabbage for dinner! Tell him to stop crying and to live a little! Glad to see you and Madi enjoyed the festivities!
I have to say, I'm with Spencer...I never really got into the whole St. Patrick's Day thing. My kids didn't even wear green yesterday! Oops! My favorite holiday is Easter!!! I love the colors, the candy, the time of year...pretty much everything about Easter is just the best! You and Madi should come see us and I'll have another Easter Egg Hunt for you like we did in Provo! I really should post those pictures sometime! I miss you!!!! Love you tons!
EXCUSE ME!!!! Your Grandpa Butler was sending Spencer lightening bolts from heaven for those comments!! We are IRISH...of course we celebrate St. Patrick's Day...no questions asked. We all wore green and ate corn beef and cabbage.
From MOM...IRISH and proud of it!!
Poor poor Spencer and his white slip... I love holidays cause they give an excuse to stray from the norm. Oh and last night when I got home from work I found my boys had made me sugar cookies! We had fun with you guys! Post pics of your finished rainbow when you have time!
Anie,
You are a really good Mom! I love reading your blog because you do the cutest things with Madi...I am going to read your blog daily after my son comes, just to get ideas of stuff to do. :) We are coming to D.C./New York this summer, so you will have to give me your number so we can get together.
That's hilarious!!! Yeah I think I once asked Travis on Halloween if anyone had dressed up at work. He looked at me like I was an idiot. You were all so cute in your St. Patrick's green!
Post a Comment