Friday, March 20, 2009

On the First Day of Spring. . .

Today we welcomed the first day of spring which unfortunately was accompanied by a whopping 45 degrees (and that was the HIGH)!! Despite the chilly temperatures, Spencer, Madi and I made the most of our day. 

We spent the morning at IKEA, where I wish I had a couple extra hundred dollars to spend on fun things for the girls bedroom. Instead we were frugal and only got Madi 3 necessities:
1) A Chair for her desk.
2) A lamp to give her some light while she works.
3) A tent- just because it looked FUN!! Every kid needs a secret place to play right?!
 
Upon leaving IKEA we saw a fire truck and an ambulance pull up. We where lucky enough to receive an invitation to hop inside the fire truck- probably because Madi was frantically waving at it. Wow- what a treat (sorry, no pics- didn't think to bring my camera to IKEA)!

With a drive by the temple (which is one of the most exciting things EVER for Madi) our morning was complete!

After nap time we busted out Madi's new toys. They were quite the hit! 




After some serious play time, we topped our day off with FREE Italian Ice from Rita's- just because it was the first day of spring (thanks Candis for the heads up on this)! I think the only thing that could have made this day better would have been a little warmer weather!

11 comments:

Lis said...

aw! she looks like such a BIG girl!!! I love the chair idea!!! How great! I cant wait to have more room for stuff like that! The tent is SUPER COOL!!! Lexi cant wait to come over and hide with madi!!!! YEAH! I totally forgot about the free italian ice!!! Dang!

Safire said...

Cute things! And next time, tip me off for FREE ice! We love that stuff!

tylerandmommy said...

How fun! I love her new toys. Josh busted out the big tent for Tyler this weekend and they went camping while I was gone. I'm glad SOMEONE took advantage of the free ice btw. I went today and got a misto shake instead...YUM.

martyrudd said...

Madi looks soooo cute in her new hide away tent, how fun is that. You know she will want to start sleeping in there soon! This is a great set up with her new chair, what a great place for madi to enjoy her books and crayons.
love you Daddy

Marisa said...

What cute fun stuff for Madi! She is just adorable. I can't believe how much she has grown up!

Candace said...

What a great find. I love IKEA!

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

How fun! I love her little "work" area. What a great idea. It was freezing here too! I was seriously getting annoyed from all the people in Boise bragging about the 70 degree weather. No fair! :)

JoSue said...

Oh Man! I'd sleep in a tent now if i could. I don't think you ever stop loving that kind of stuff. That tent is a PERFECT size too. Maybe she could fit one friend to sleep over in it.... Glad the weather is warming up there. I know you get cabin fever pretty bad so bring on the sun! Miss you guys!

Gretch said...

YAY for IKEA!! I could definitely drop some bucks there too. What a cute tent I bet Madi loves it! What a great way to break into spring-I'm with you, hopefully it gets warm SOON!

5 Brothers Farms said...

HAPPY SPRING!! Sounds like a very fun day, lady! And that little girl of yours is sososososo cute! I just want to smooch her!!

ryannoyler said...

Hey Anie,
Chad here. I read your comment on our blog. Here is my advise on the bip bip: Let her have it! Don't worry about letting her have it for another year as long as it is just in bed. When the new baby is sleeping all night then you can start worrying about the bip bip. That is my simple advice.
Chad