
Today marks the beginning of Elle's monthly posts! Aside from the lack of sleep, this past month has been fabulous! There's not much to say about a one month old though. She sleeps in short spurts, nurses fabulously, and poops non stop! She's gaining neck strength which is fun to see. I love it when she lifts her little wobbly head off my shoulder to look at me.
Pictures aren't so easy to take of a one month old though- at least not of Elle. My friend Laura came over the other day to do a newborn photo shoot (which I really should have done the first week or two of her life). The first 3 pics of this post are the only ones I have from the shoot right now, but let's just say Elle didn't really want to cooperate. She was happy being on her tummy and being held, but that's about it so I'll be interested to see how the rest of the pictures turned out. I sure had a great time though- thanks Laura!I'm looking forward to starting sleep training this next month. Right now Elle sleeps in no more than 3 hour blocks- giving me typically 2 hours of sleep at a time. The only hard thing is that returning to sleep isn't so easy. Elle grunts and groans for quite awhile after being layed down, usually crying after 5 minutes or so of the grunting- giving me no sleep in the process. Ya, she'll be moving out of our room very soon! But when she does finally fall asleep, I can't help but sit and stare at her.
What a sweetheart! I'm so excited to watch Elle grow and develop and see what her personality will be like!



10 comments:
Oh Anie, In these pics I now see Karlee as a baby a lot more than I see you. Of course so many people tell me you and Karlee look just alike, except for the hair color. We better get some baby pics of Karlee out to compare:) Love you sweetie, remember your dad said if it gets too crazy all you have to do is say the word and I'll be there. x0x0x0MOM
I think she looks just you as a baby! so cute!!
Man. shes so DARN CUTE! I cant believe you have another baby and IVE only held her ONCE!!! I miss you guys! Hey- shes even smiling in that last picture! Thanks for updating! I know how it feels when blogging gets behind too!! More like a CHORE! I cant wait to see you guys again! We need to work something out. DONT YOU THINK???
whoever she looks like....she's so stinkin' cute!!!
These pictures are just gorgeous! Man I still can't believe all that HAIR! It's growing so fast! I think she almost has more than Kate! (And that's taken her 3 years to grow!) She's so darling.
You've got some great pictures already! She is adorable! I am anxious to talk to you more about the sleep training thing! I am so glad we get to do this together! Though this is my 3rd it is still nice to have someone to talk to who knows exactly what it is like at the time!
That first picture is precious!!!
I love the third picture the most. Laura really captured Elle's sweetness and innocence. Such a sweet post! I'm looking forward to the other monthly posts!
She is SO cute! I can't wait to see her grow too, so don't move anywhere anytime soon! What exactly is sleep training btw?
Elle is a beauty!
Post a Comment