
It's been such a fun summer having tons of family and friends come to stay with us! This past weekend Spencer's brother was here visiting. He came out for work, but was able to stay and play for a few days afterwards. He flew in Wednesday night and got all his work done on Thursday. So, on Friday he and Spencer headed into the city to see the typical DC sites! They hit up the National Archives, the Air and Space Smithsonian, the Capitol, and they even got their own library cards at the Library of Congress! Wow- now they can claim to be "official" readers!
Saturday morning they headed off to Gettysburg! Taking Madi along gave me a very productive, quiet and relaxing day at home- just Elle and me!
It's crazy to think that this beautiful land was once a huge battlefield.
The TALL tower. . .

And Madi checking out the view from the top!

Madi enjoying telling Uncle Jeremy stories! Jeremy informed me that "Madi has a LOT to say." I guess she talked his ear off all day.

To top off the weekend, Spencer and Jeremy headed back into the city Sunday evening after dinner to hit up the rest of the sites that Jeremy wanted to see.
Arlington Cemetery:
Marine Corps War Memorial: sorry no pictures- see my 4th of July post for pics
White House:
Monuments and Memorials:
















2 comments:
Looks like good times with family! We are hoping that Jeremy will get a contract with the Kansas City temple and we will get to see him out here a bit. I guess we could take him to see the corn fields and the wheat fields and maybe some more corn fields...I'll have to post pictures of that on my blog someday.
Okay im rolling! Did you type that post? Because you have now become a COMEDIAN!!! I LOVE your comments about Madi! haha! youre crackin me up! Maybe its the lack of sleep? Oh and that last picture its ALMOST like looking at Spencer but not! All the other pictures tho- its not. Anyway, im tired and rambling now. We miss you guyes. its soooooooooooo good to see pictures of you. I think I could bust into tears right now. SNIFF.
Post a Comment