Friday, January 1, 2010

One Heck of a Decade!

Looking back at the past ten years, I'd have to say this has been my most successful decade yet! From the years 2000- 2010 I was able to finish my schooling at Brigham Young University, graduate with a Bachelor's in Elementary Education, teach for 5 years in the public schools, get married in the Oakland temple, move across the country, give birth to two beautiful little girls, serve in the Relief Society, Primary, Sunday School, and Young Women's, and survive 2 1/2 years with a husband in law school! I couldn't be happier with my accomplishments. I feel very blessed to be where I'm at this time in my life. It was definitely a good decade.

I'm now looking forward to 2010 and what a new decade has in store for me. This year specifically I'm excited about a few things- namely: turning 30, attending Spencer's graduation from Law School, the Rudd Family Reunion, Spencer passing the Bar and starting his career, taking a much needed long vacation to someplace warm and tropical with my husband (no kids invited), and hopefully moving to a bigger place!

Here's to a new year- and a new decade! May it welcome many new goals, new accomplishments, more money, diminishing student loans, new callings, hopefully more new babies, and lots of new experiences!

8 comments:

Lis said...

Oh I have something to ADD! VACATION WITH MY BEST FRIEND AND HER FAMILY IN VA FOR A WEEK RIGHT BEFORE GRADUATION!!! HEEELLLOOO??? That totally needs to be on the list!!!! OH and I know you like that I claim to be your best friend too. I dont care what your other best friends have to say about it either. PSHHH. YOu have had a pretty SUCCESSFUL 10 years! And you DO have TWO of the cutest girls ever! Im excited for you to turn THIRTY because it SUCKS being here ALONE!!! HURRY IT UP, WILL YA!!!!!!!!!!!

Cothran Family said...

You are going to be 30??? You are sooo old cousin! Love ya Anie. It is amazing how time flies. Weren't we just in the Glenhole dancin' to "don't be stupid?" you have a beautiful family and I'm sure all your next decade dreams will come true.

Dan and Bec said...

This year will bring the big THREE ZERO for me too. Sounds like this year will be packed with fun things! Good to see you for a split second today at church...lets get together.

tylerandmommy said...

HOORAY for super duper awesome decades!! Your girls are so cute. Please tell Elle to let me hold her and not cry. I was so bored in SS without you. Hopefully you were bored in RS without mE! Maybe we really will get called to team teach primary. Anyhow, when you move come THIS way towards Clarksburg. Then your next decade can be totally successful too. (Ok so it will probably be successful even without moving near me, but maybe mine won't.) What's up with the lack of pictures btw?

Andrew said...

Anie, this is such a nice post, sounds like you've accomplished much. I really enjoy reading your positive outlook on things. And I hope we all make more money!!
Maybe your dream will come true to be called into Primary... :). It's so much fun there on Sundays!

The Harpers said...

Maybe that beach/tropical vacation (without kids) should include 2 Harpers (who will also be without kids). We're planning on something this year too. That would be super fun!

Doreen said...

That's crazy how much life can change in 10 years. You definitely got a LOT done and all cool things too. When you said you're excited to turn 30 it reminded me of when Spencer turned 30 and told you that you were only 29 and that you had your whole life ahead of you! hahaha. Good times!

JoSue said...

Wow, I like your looking at the whole last decade rather than the last year. Really cool! It's amazing everything you've done and places you've lived, etc... and of course Madi and Elle are some accomplishments to recognize! :) I can't believe Spencer will be graduating this year. I don't know about you but his schooling flew by for me! xoxo So much luck and love for your family this next year! We miss you guys.