
Christmas and New Years in California was wonderful. After such a long trip I thought for sure I'd be ready to come back. Nope! It was such a fabulously relaxing visit that Spencer and I were both wishing we could've stay a few more days. We got back on the 6th and came home to a dead car, a broken fridge, and freezing weather! The reality of "real" life hit fast! Thankfully the car started later that evening and our fridge was fixed the next day. The weather's definitely been an adjustment though. When Madi stepped outside Thursday morning to join me for some grocery shopping she exclaimed, "Oh mom, it's just SO cold!" We're slowly but surely getting used to the colder temps.
We definitely miss our family- there's nothing better than watching our girls be loved and adored by their grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. After our visit in Camarillo, we spent the next 8 days in Brentwood! And oh how relaxing it was!! While the weather wasn't as warm as southern California, it was still in the 50's- making it doable for walks, playing at the park, and perfect for hot-tubbing!
Madi loved exploring and having new toys to play with. Her favorite were my parents Little People. She'd play with them for at least an hour everyday.
I had to sneak in one morning and get some video of the Little People village Madi had set up. You know they're great toys when she doesn't even notice that I'm in the doorway taping her.
The girls enjoyed playing with all the presents they got for Christmas and were surprised about having even more presents to open when we got to Brentwood.

The matching jammies were a big hit! Doesn't Elle just look thrilled!?
One thing Madi got for Christmas (from Santa) was a microphone- it really was the perfect gift for my little singer. She's learned lots of Christmas songs this year but for some reason, the only song she ever wants to sing is "I am a Child of God."
I had to do all sorts of bribing to get her to sing something else. Thank goodness Roxy was able to provide the music to encourage singing other favorite songs!
After all sorts of performances, Madi finally sang one of the Christmas songs she'd learned. Here's Madi singing, "Silent Night" while playing the music to "Up on the Housetop".
While Madi stayed busy singing and playing with lots of new toys, Elle got spoiled with tons of hugs, kisses, snuggles, and all sorts of attention. She was complete smiles the entire trip!
One of the best parts about our trip was all the help we got with the girls. I was able to sleep in, go to the gym, sit in the hot tub, take long showers, get ready for the day, go shopping, and actually enjoy meal time! It was heavenly! Oh, and of course mom made sure I got pampered by taking me for a pedicure and manicure.
Massage chair + foot rub + hand/arm massage= a very happy Anie!
Mom was also a huge help with feeding Elle, giving baths, changing diapers, and even burping Elle after I'd nurse her. It was a true vacation!
Elle especially enjoyed her sink baths!
Mom made tons of yummy meals while we were there- of course none of which Madi ever wanted to eat, but when it came to baking, Madi was the first to volunteer! We all requested peanut butter balls, so mom and Madi got right to work!

Near the end of the chocolate dipping Madi was dying to eat one. She's got pretty good self-control, but couldn't resist smelling each one.

I'm so glad that I remembered to get some video. Just having Grandma's voice on here makes this such a precious video.
And as always, it was great to hang out with Aunt Fay and Uncle Bob!
Our second day trip was with my parents to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. We couldn't have chosen a more beautiful day to go.
Now you can probably see why it was so hard leaving California and coming back home!
Thanks mom and dad for such a fun and relaxing visit!































10 comments:
Hey, this post was worth the wait!! Thanks for all the great pics and videos. The days went way too fast and reading this post makes me miss all of you a TON!! Thanks so much for all the fun memories and the great times we all shared together. xoxoxMOM
Oh, I'm so jealous!!!! A REAL vacation! Where someone else did a lot of work taking care of your kids???? You are so lucky! :) I love all of Elle's smiley faces. So adorable! Hope you've adjusted back to real life again! That's a hard transition for me!!!
What a great capture of the neat memories of your visit home. I had so much fun with you guys and especially the little ones and bed time with Madi. Thanks for the visit. Dad
This is seriously your first post where there are pictures of Elle not smiling. She is such a happy looking baby. Looks like you guys had FUN in the nice and warm Cali.
Ok I am definitely jealous, especially of those last pictures at the Monterey Bay Aquarium. We took Tyler when he was about seven months old and I have been dying to go back. California is so pretty. I LOVE the picture of Elle in her sink bath - those water drops and the look on her face are just perfect. Thanks for finally posting all the pics and videos. I will have to go back and watch the videos when Tyler is awake so he can see them. He crashed when we got home today.
We love Monterey Bay Aquarium! Looks like so much fun. I'm jealous of the weather!
Sounds like you guys had a wonderful trip. Elle was adorable in her swim suit. She is such a beautiful little baby! Madi's hair is getting so long!
Hope you guys are surviving the cold weather. I don't know how you survive that climate being the sun goddess that you are.
What a great holiday! It looked amazing in every way.
Looks like you guys had a ton of fun!
Wow, SUCH A GREAT POST that I can't remember what to comment on now! :) Seeing all these pictures and stories makes me long for a trip to California. All the goodies at home, fun outings, the aquarium, and hot tubbing! We'd love one of those right now. Monterey Bay looked amazing! Nice and sunny and warm. I seriously loved those jellyfish. I bet Madi was in heaven.
You captured some REALLY great pictures of Elle with the fam. She really is a doll and we can't wait to meet her in person. I love the video of Madi playing the piano and also of her smelling her peanut butter ball. Reminds me of someone...hmmmm. I'm glad to hear your car started back up and fridge was repaired. What a mess! Not what you want to come home to. When we were gone for a couple days over New Years I was stressing about everything at home! Well, back to the grind. So glad your trip was enjoyable! Next time make it a couple day layover in Dallas...xoxoJo
Post a Comment