I'm not quite sure what could be causing this funk- I'm thinking mostly the weather (something about a warm sunny day always gives an me added boost of energy), but after a morning of feeling bad for myself- whining about having to share a car with Spencer, griping about my morning plans being thrown off because of his schedule, longing for warmer weather and walks to the park, I talked to my sister and found out that a close friend of hers (who I've been getting updates on for awhile now) passed away this morning after a long battle with bone cancer. She left behind a husband and 3 kids (ages 2, 4, and 6). It broke my heart. I spent my girls nap time in tears. I can't imagine going through something like this. My greatest fear is loosing a child and/or my husband. But then I started to wonder what would be harder- loosing one of them, or me loosing all of them. I can't imagine what this mom went through, knowing that she wouldn't get to watch her kids grow up, not to mention the 2 youngest probably not remembering her.
My sister said her friend was super positive about it all the way up to the very end. It made me think about the trials we're given. I'm always wondering what my big trial is going to be. Up to this point in life everything has seemed pretty easy. Even though we're super poor, crazy in debt, and don't know what life has in store for us after Spencer takes the bar in July, we're all very healthy, truly happy, have a nice home, warm beds to sleep in, and the gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives. I'm tremendously blessed. So, today my heart goes out to the Stubben family- our prayers are with them.
10 comments:
I just looked over the Stubben family's blog. Wow. That is very sad. It looks like they were a wonderful family and were able to spend some good time together before she passed away. So sad.
I actually have heard of Catie before. 3 of my LDS friends from Boston were her roommates back in their BYU days. I'm sorry to hear about her passing. At times like these, aren't you so, SO grateful for the gospel and the knowledge we have of eternal life? I don't know what people do without it.
That's very sad for that poor husband and those children. I definitely cound my blessings when I hear stories like that, even though I should be doing it every day.
Anie,
Isn't it amazing how trivial our lives can become. I love you!
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings about all this Anie. I surely have felt this way many, many times in my life...still do.
Counting our blessings must make our Heavenly Father so happy. Love to you in DC area!
You know, Anie, you are so rich in what truly counts. It's sad that we sometimes need something like this to kick us, but thank goodness for having trials by proxy. I firmly believe that if your faith is strong your trials will be weak. Remember the 2010 mutual theme - Joshua 1:9!
Love you!
Anie, What sweet thoughts. When Dad and I received the news about Catie yesterday from Tisha, we too cried and cried. The thought of loosing a child was just more than we could handle, even with the knowledge of the gospel. Catie's little 6 year old, David, has spent the past several weeks getting sick to his tummy at school. He couldn't eat his lunch because of his tummy aches. He told someone (can't remember who Tisha told me) that he didn't want his mama to die while he was at school. That statement flooded my memory of 10 years ago and Karlee not wanting to leave my side, getting sick to her stomach at school because her mom was home with cancer. How quickly our earthly lives pass. Enjoy each second!! xoxoYOUR MAMA
Anie,
I occasionally peek at your blog! Your girls are beautiful!! I was reading your post and I realized I knew the name Stubben. After looking at their blog I knew both Steve and Catie..they were in my ward! What a sad story, but I can say that they are two of the sweetest and nicest people I have ever met! They were always so kind to me! The world will definitely be different without Catie. My heart goes out to her family!
Erin Gardner Langstraat
Anie,
I occasionally peek at your blog! Your girls are beautiful!! I was reading your post and I realized I knew the name Stubben. After looking at their blog I knew both Steve and Catie..they were in my ward! What a sad story, but I can say that they are two of the sweetest and nicest people I have ever met! They were always so kind to me! The world will definitely be different without Catie. My heart goes out to her family!
Erin Gardner Langstraat
Anie,
I occasionally peek at your blog! Your girls are beautiful!! I was reading your post and I realized I knew the name Stubben. After looking at their blog I knew both Steve and Catie..they were in my ward! What a sad story, but I can say that they are two of the sweetest and nicest people I have ever met! They were always so kind to me! The world will definitely be different without Catie. My heart goes out to her family!
Erin Gardner Langstraat
Post a Comment