
Not the clearest picture, but too cute not to keep!
I forgot how much I love this age. Elle seemed to grow up so much this month. Her vocabulary exploded and she'll now answer in full, simple, and super clear sentences (not all the time, but oh how I love it when she does):
-"This is a barbie, this is a baby." (explaining to Spencer the difference between her "dolls" in the cradle)
-"I wan this story" (she's always knows exactly what books she wants read to her before nap and bed, and she'll keep handing me stories until I tell her no more).
-"I wan this dress" (she's recently become completely obsessed with wearing dresses everyday)
-"I don know" (she's very clear with answering "yes" or "no" when she knows the answer to something we ask, but there have been a few times when I've asked something and she'll honestly tell me, "I don know").
Most of the time she still answers using only one or two words, and she especially loves saying the word back to me (see video below):
Her cute smile, laugh , and shrug of the shoulders at 1:08 is my favorite.
I'm definitely gonna miss some of Elle's cute "baby talk". Cookies were always "cook cook" (she just recently started clearly saying "cookie"), all done was, "Da Da" (now she just says "DONE!"), she used to call geese "ducks", now she can tell the difference and asks to go see the "GEESE!"
She now refers to her binky as a "she she", and she pluralizes words like more and door- so when she uses these words she'll say: "mores" and "doors"
One of my favorite things is how Elle answers questions with such enthusiasm. It's too hard to explain the cuteness of her higher pitch "Yes" answer to something she agrees with and even her "No" which is also usually said in a higher tone. It's pretty funny and we all find ourselves asking Elle question after question just to hear her "yes" or "no" answers.
She's still super reserved around other people. It usually takes 15-30 minutes for Elle to warm up. Until then she'll give the death stare to strangers and won't crack a smile. In nursery and/ or when unfamiliar kids come to play, I feel like she's always on guard- assuming that they're gonna take something of hers, and preparing herself to fight back. She's definitely learned to be a fighter and stick up for herself.
Nursery is going fabulous now. At first, Spencer tried the shock and awe method - dropping her off and then sneaking out. Elle did not like this! Spencer finally learned that in order to help Elle not cry, he had to have a good heart to heart with her-explain to her that he has to go, but that he will be back to pick her up. Who would have thought that all she needed was a little reasoning. I hope this translates into her teenage years!!
She loves her bed and many times has told me when she's ready to lay down for a nap. Then when she wakes up from naps, I sometimes won't even know she's awake because of how quiet she is- Elle loves just chillin at the head of her bed, thinking about who knows what.
Elle's recently really gotten into "school time" and will now sit with Madi and I for 20-30 minutes. There's lots of times I'll find her coloring at the table by herself. The other day she was flipping though a Bernstein Bears coloring book, adding her touch to each page. Then she found a picture Madi had done about half of, added her scribbles to it, and brought it to me- beaming! It was the cutest thing how she wanted me to be so proud of her.
Elle's also become a regular at the kitchen table for projects and meals now. She insists on sitting at the table (without a booster) and joining us like a big kid.
She's gotten into singing this month (probably from hanging out with Madi so much) and will finish the sentences to a good dozen songs, nursery rhymes, etc.
This one's for Gram:
Elle loves going on walks and will ask to go on one every single time she sees the stroller. I just love how she still likes to sit in the stroller- I know how most kids are refusing the stroller by this age. When Elle does want to get out and walk she's great about holding hands and will make Madi hold hands with her. It's adorable!

Oh, and did I forget to mention that Elle's bilingual? Here's a clip of her speaking her second language:
PS. Please let me know if you can translate.
4 comments:
We tried to figure out what Elle was saying in this last video, but just couldn't understand her. I know you know what she's saying, so share it with us!! Thanks also for the video dedicated to Gram!! I LOVED IT!!
We're counting the days until you arrive...xoxoxoMOM/GRAM
What cute pic's and video's. I miss these little girls sooo much, you and spenc too. I love to hear Elle taking after Madi and going to be a great singer. I love hearing these sweet little ones sing. I love you, Papa
That first picture looks just like Madi when she was little! Your girls are so cute!
What a cutie!! I love to hear her little voice. And the last part of the video of here singing, was adorable! I just lover her smile.
Post a Comment