Sunday, March 6, 2011

Out of the ordinary

A couple of things made this past week a little bit different than just an ordinary week.

1) Monday morning I woke up with a black eye! Pretty crazy huh! After laughing at Michelle on The Bachelor- commenting on her dramatic/ attention seeking personality, I guess it serves me right to now know that waking up with a black eye is possible!

2) Monday night I went to bed feeling fine. After reading for a couple hours my stomach started to ache and I had a hard time falling asleep. I woke up at 4:45am and threw up. I threw up two more times before 8am. I guess the strangest part of it all is that- 1) I never get sick. I don't remember the last time I was sick. When everyone in my family catches something I'm always the only person who doesn't get it. 2) I still can't figure out what caused it- I'm guessing it was just a 24 hour flu or something.

3) Then Friday morning Madi sat down for breakfast and mentioned that her stomach hurt. I told her not to eat if she didn't feel good. She ate a couple of bites but that was it. She layed around until about 8:30am when she frantically asks, "Mom, where'd that pan go?" I grab the bathroom garbage and she threw up into it. Now usually Madi's a completely dramatic sick kid, but this was different. She threw up once, wiped off her mouth, and was as good as new! Complete Shock! I'd even let Spencer take the car and changed my plans for the day cause I figured Madi wouldn't be in any position to do anything. But boy was I wrong- she was eating completely normal by lunchtime and was out riding her scooter in the afternoon!

4) Friday night Spencer came home with 2 dozen roses in hand. I'm not the type of girl to ask for flowers, but it sure was a nice surprise after a long week stuck at home. Note to husbands (especially those with wives who say not to waste money on flowers): sometimes that's all it takes to make a wife feel better- some pretty flowers with an "I love you and I appreciate all you do."
Aren't they gorgeous!

5) Oh ya, and I should also mention how last night our "killer" fish (I'm not kidding when I say he intentionally killed the 4 other fish he ever shared our tank with) was put into "time-out" for being mean to our new fish that Spencer and the girls picked up that afternoon on their daddy-daughter date. I'd been super annoyed with his "unfriendly" behavior and told Spencer to do something about it. Spencer put Swordtail into his own bowl, and wondered outloud whether he should find some type of lid so he didn't try to escape. I assured Spencer that wasn't possible. HA! 30 minutes later, Spencer looks up from the couch and notices that the fish was gone. Suicide! he took his life by leaping from his bowl and landing in the kitchen sink. While "all drains lead to the ocean", our's was plugged and full of hot sudsy dishwater. It was a fish-fry! He was a mean fish and it probably serves him right, but I couldn't help but feel a pang of sadness for his loss.

3 comments:

The Days of your Life said...

Good riddance to the nasty little mean fish and I am glad you are feeling better! With warmer weather around the corner, let's plan a little playday again.
Miss you cuz!

martyrudd said...

Anie....this is crazy and you write crazy tales of fish jumping out of bowls and into the kitchen sink. Only the Jenkins luck would have such a tale as this!!
Karlee's fish Alfred will be 2 years old in September. He is in a fish bowl on our kitchen counter. When you get here...the girls will feel right at home. xoxoxMOM

Erin said...

I loved your crazy stories! Miss you guys-