
Elle's 22 months old today! Only two months till she's two- crazy!! I had a couple things I wanted to record about Elle at 21 months, but obviously that never happened. Time seems to be flying by! I'm sure part of it's because 3/4 of Elle's 20th month of life was spent in CA. Then the next several weeks were spent recuperating from being gone for so long.

Elle and "Kody Puppy"
The few things I jotted down about Elle at 21 months:
*Loves men- will happily smile, laugh, and go to most guys, but shirks away from most women.
*After months of Elle never wanting to say thank you, she now says it all the time and to everyone (love hearing her cute "thank you" as we leave the check out line at the grocery store)
* Her giraffe is no longer "Raff", but now "Raffie"
* Absolutely loves the beach

Not related at all- just taken at almost 21 months.
Ok, so I didn't have a ton to record from 21 months- I know I've forgotten a bunch of the little things I'd wanted to write down. This month I was a little better and tried jotting stuff down as soon as I'd think of it.

Elle's personality has been so fun to watch this month. She's super vocal now and will carry on full conversations with people. One night my dad called and I handed the phone to Elle who proceeded to completely talk his ear off. It was hard to make out everything she was saying, but she sure is a jabber mouth these days.
She's also really big into mimicking lately. Whatever Madi says and/or does, Elle copies. I've had to warn Madi numerous times about being a good example because Elle doesn't just copy the cute stuff- she's got Madi's whining and complaining down too!!
Elle is totally, completely obsessed with her binky. It's driving Spencer and I absolutely crazy. I had her completely off it during the day before we left for CA, but then after giving it to her on the airplane and sometimes in the car, she's totally attached again. Our family phrase is "Binkies are for babies and binkies are for bedtime." We're always telling this to Elle when she's crying for her binky. Because of this obsession, Elle whines a ton during the day- "binky, binky, binky, binky". It's really enough to make one go crazy- I've come close. I usually just stick her in her bed and she's instantly better. She'll grab her binky, give me a guilty smile. and say, "I gonna suck on it." Whatever works I guess- anything for a little sanity!

All the "pleases", "thank yous", and "love yous" I get from Elle these days completely melt my heart. "Love you mom". . . "thank you mom". . . "milk please mom"- I need to get them all on video cause I never want to forget her cute little voice. If she's whining for anything all I have to say is, "that's not how we ask" and she quickly add a "please... mom...."
Elle is a total picker! I think this started after our CA trip- and getting sand in her toes at the beach. She's now obsessed with picking at her toes. In her car seat, bed, on the floor- anytime Elle's really quiet, we'll look at her and see her picking away. Not even sure what there is to pick at, but Elle does it anyway.
Elle is such a great helper. She's always the first to start picking up the toys. All I have to do is mention to Elle that the blocks, cars, beads, etc need to be cleaned up and she's there!
Everything to Elle is "MINE!!" The swings at the park are "MINE!", when friends come to play, all the toys are, "MINE!" Anything Elle doesn't want Madi to touch is, "MINE!" She's very possessive with her stuff and will only share after I've praised Madi for sharing something.
In the last month I've noticed the little rivalry that Elle and Madi have going on. Spencer tells me not to encourage it, but I think it's absolutely hilarious! For example: Madi doesn't finish her food. I tell her, "Ok, I'll just let Elle finish it." Madi quickly yells, "Nooo, I want to finish it!" Or let's say I let Elle sit somewhere at the table that Madi had been sitting. Normally Elle wouldn't care at all if I moved her somewhere else, but once Madi puts up a stink and starts freaking out about it being her spot, Elle's determined to make sure she gets to sit there- just to tick Madi off. I get to put up with that kind of stuff all day long- ahhh the sisterly love! :)
I've been totally surprised to see how brave Elle is at the park. She's alot like Madi in that she's cautious in the parking lot, or wanting to hold my hand across the street, but when it comes to climbing stuff on the playground, Elle doesn't need me to supervise at all. Of course I do it anyway and good thing cause I've been there to stop many an accident with all our park outings this past month. I do love her bravery though. And I love how when she has gotten a scratch or skinned knee, the freak out is only a few seconds (instead of a few hours- what I've always been used to).
I also should note here how much Elle loves the park. I love watching her delight as we pull up and then hear her yell, "Yaaaay.... the park!!!!" Then watching her cute little legs run off to the swings- usually calling out, "MINE" to other kids who might be going for the swing she'd picked out. Thankfully she's also good at waiting and knowing when it's, "MY turn!"
Oh, and I should also note that she still does not like getting her picture taken. Elle's always such a silly, happy, funny, easy going kid- then I whip out the camera and she's only got serious faces!

3 comments:
I LOVE the pictures!! Just wish I could play with you guys at the park too! You know (although I'm certain its not your first choice) I'm sure Spencer could get a job in Utah. Its a lot closer to California and me and the majority of the Jenkins children. Just an idea :)
You captured some great shots of sweet Elle! I can't believe she is almost 2! Love that white poofy dress!
Dang she is REALLY adorable!
Post a Comment