Wednesday, January 18, 2012

CTR Pretzels

This month in The Friend magazine, the "kitchen craft" was CTR pretzels. I'm a total sucker for yummy bread type treats, so I thought it would be a perfect family home evening activity this week. Madi mixed up the 5 ingredients an hour or so before Spencer got home from work. Then I made dinner while the dough rose. As soon as Spencer got home, we got to work rolling out our dough.

I loved what an easy activity it was for both the girls. With a little help from Spencer, they shaped out the letters CTR. Then we made some other shapes with the leftover dough. We sprinkled one pan with salt, and the other with cinnamon and sugar. And they were DElicious!! I'm definitely adding this recipe to my cookbook.

4 comments:

The McKinstry Family said...

Yummy!!! We are going to have to make this. Seems easy enough for us to handle.

tylerandmommy said...

Fun! And they look so yummy! RECIPE please.

Tisha said...

fun! we did this too, but did our initials. we thought the thinner rolled ones tasted better? so I think we'll do breadsticks next time. and you're right, they were totally easy to make!

Dan and Bec said...

I'm impressed! And LOVE your house!!!