Other new things this month - Cal's a total climber now. He especially likes to climb up onto Madi's top bunk and hang out. I still get nervous when he's on the ladder though - he's gotten stuck a couple of times and even fallen off once.
Loves to climb onto Elle's art table. . .
I had to keep a pretty close eye on him at my parents' house. . .Luckily he hasn't tried climbing out of his crib (I vowed I'd never have one of those- fingers crossed that I'm right), or onto kitchen counters yet!
Calvin's personality has really developed this month and I think he's got a little comedian in him. He's always trying to make us laugh and has the funniest face expressions!
This next one is his regular "WHOA" face. We'll all laugh when he makes it, so now he does it all the time.
Elle trying to get him to make the face:
And there it is again:
He really is such a funny guy!
He's also pretty brave (well, much more so than the girls at this age I guess). At the park he likes to climb up to the tallest twisty slide and go down all by himself.
Cal's not a fan of strangers though and has become super clingy and needy (especially during nursery which we're totally bummed about). If someone that he doesn't know walks by him or looks at him wrong Cal will freeze, hang his head down, and after a few seconds, start bawling! I don't get it!
He started loving saying prayers this month. Well, he actually hates that we force him to sit still and fold his arms, but he loves saying "amen" at the end. I love that smile he gets on his face at the end of the prayer knowing that the amen is coming. We'll be sitting in sacrament meeting listening to a talk or testimony or something and as soon as he hears, "in the name of Jesus Christ, " he'll shout "A MEN!!" It's pretty funny.
He totally understands everything which is why I've got to start being consistent with time-outs (quiet times at the girls call them) and enforcing the rules with this kid. He knows not to scream because sometimes he'll be really loud, but then he'll put his finger to his lip and say, "shhhh...."
As crazy and feisty as Cal has become, he's still our sweet little guy who loves to snuggle and rock in his chair reading story after story. Here he is on Sunday morning with Spencer, watching "Music and the Spoken Word":
And snuggling with Grandpa Al on the trampoline:
Sure love you Cal! Looking forward to continue watching your personality grow and develop!












No comments:
Post a Comment