I was excited for the fair this year. Spencer was given box seat tickets to the Saturday afternoon Rodeo and I was totally looking forward to going with the kids and watching their reactions. I was so excited in fact that I left early from a "Mama's Retreat" baby shower up in Santa Barbara where we as guests were showered with pedicures and a poolside lunch. I made it for the pedicures, but only had time to scarf down a bit of lunch before heading back towards Ventura. I was sure the rodeo was going to be a huge hit and I didn't want to miss it! Boy was I wrong, and at first completely annoyed that I'd cut a completely relaxing afternoon short to come listen to whining children! It didn't help that Spencer had forgotten to pack the stroller either. We had to high tail it over to the rodeo, practically running to make it on time. We were exhausted from lugging Cal and a heavy diaper bag around, and the girls were hot and tired by the time we sat down. Plus, I don't think they really knew exactly what a rodeo was cause they were both visibly disappointed as soon as it started. Elle kept complaining about it "not being any fun" which drove us all crazy. Spencer and I tried staying positive, and enjoyed ourselves for awhile, but we finally gave in and left early.
From the rodeo we headed off towards the rides - which I didn't want to do, but Spence let them pick just one to go on. They both chose the Ferris Wheel. Spencer stayed below with Cal while the girls and I hoped on and had a blast!

I had a little too much fun taking pics with my iphone!
From the rides, we splurged and shared a funnel cake, then headed over to the animals (didn't take many pictures, but it's always my favorite part)!After we'd had our fill of the Fair, we walked back along beach, stopping to play at our favorite beach playground before heading home. Definitely a great ending to our 2013 Fair experience!




No comments:
Post a Comment