Sunday, March 30, 2014

Cal's birthday celebration!!

Cal's 2nd birthday was a blast! I spent the night before decorating - balloons, birthday sign, and hanging streamers from his doorway and the hallway (got a kick out of watching him run back and forth through the streamers yelling, "tunnel")! Birthdays make me super excited and I like the day to be planned exactly how that person would want it, so I tried to spend the day doing all the things that Cal loves best!

Waffles for breakfast . . .

Then onto present opening - what Cal was most excited about (he's been begging to "open presents" all week)!
We got him a tee ball set, and two new trains for his collection - Percy (or "Peece" as Cal calls him) and James. Gram and Papa got him a new rug to drive his cars, trucks, and trains on. Gram Rox got him his new Thomas trike! He was thrilled with everything and spent the morning playing with all his new toys!

For lunch we headed out for a picnic at the park:
We brought Cal's new trike along . . .
I totally forgot to bring Elle's scooter and she was feeling sad about not having something to ride around on. Cal's a terrific sharer and gladly agreed to get off and give her a turn. He just chased after her, laughing his head off!
After the park we dropped Elle off at preschool, then headed home for stories and naps!

Later in the afternoon we played in the backyard with Cal's new tee ball set.
And what a fun surprise to get a birthday card in the mail from his buddy Houston!

Spencer surprised us and came home early from work - just as I was frosting Cal's cake. Thank goodness for Spencer's artistic decorating - turning the number 2 into a train track!
Cal was definitely pleased with his daddy's creation!

Boppi and Grandpa Al joined us at 6pm for dinner (pizza and salad), cake, ice cream, and more present opening! So grateful to have them here to celebrate with us!
Happy HAPPY Birthday sweet boy!! 

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I am so sad I missed calling on his birthday!! I thought about him that morning, but it was too early to call, and then the day just got away with me...:( I loved reading your posts about his big day. He is such a handsome little guy and growing up so fast! I can't wait to see you guys a whole bunch this summer!! I hope he and Collin will grow up to be good little friends! xoxo Aunt Joci

The Pickled Red Herring said...

That is the CUTEST cake! Nice job Spencer! And happy birthday to Cal! Man I can't believe he is 2 - and we don't even know him! You guys live too far away. :(

The Days of your Life said...

I can't believe he is that big!!!