During circle time, the kids took turns finding and writing w's in our morning message:
I had lots of "W" books but "Wacky Wednesday" was definitely the favorite! Everyone took turns pointing out all the wacky things on each page.
I planned out centers that the kids rotated through - which was trickier than I thought it would be, but we kept it moving fast and everyone had a grand time! They counted watermelon seeds and matched them to the correct number (I had 2 of these folders) . . .
They walked the letter W:
Then walked up the lines with wide legs. At the two back tables we used Madi's globe to study the world, and also practiced writing W's on a white board.
Another center was looking at our W books on the rug (2 people could be at that center).
I served banana muffins with walnuts, and we also made waffles and ate them with whipped cream!! Yummm. . . .
We learned about the Water Cycle, but I ran out of time at the end and didn't get to teach the water cycle song (which I was bummed about).
It was a pretty wonderful Wednesday if you ask me!









1 comment:
I love these ideas! Kylee struggles with the letter 'w' because the letter itself starts with a 'd' sound. I might copy some of your ideas and do my own 'Wacky Wednesday' with her to see if that helps.
Post a Comment