Height: 36 1/2 inches (95th %)
Weight: 31 lbs (90%)
I took Cal out back this afternoon to snap a couple pictures and his personality shined right through:
So sweet . . .
Pretty much always happy. . .
Super silly . . .
Very obedient . . . This was what Cal did when I said, "show me how to be reverent". This is what he does every time we tell him it's time for prayer. Totally cracks me up!
Before I document all the fun we had celebrating Cal's birthday (will have to be another post), I want to include a few things about Cal now that he's two.
Favorite show: Super WhyI guess he and Elle designated each of the characters as themselves. When the main character (Wyatt) comes on, Calvin will yell, "There's Calvin!!"
Favorite book: He's obsessed with Thomas the Train right now and that's the section of the library he always runs to first. He gets crazy excited when he finds the Thomas books, then while holding up a book in each hand he'll shout, "Here's Thomas!" He freaks out if I try to put any of the books back that he's loaded into our stroller. Cal also loves any book on trucks or trains. His books are usually the first thing he requests to look at in the morning. I always read him stories in the afternoon (before nap) and Spencer is usually the one to read to him before bed.
Favorite toy: While he loves trains, trucks, and cars, he's usually outside wanting to ride a bike or scooter. Probably why he was so excited about the present that Gram Rox sent!! No more pink and purple bikes for Calvin - he's got his own rough and tough Thomas trike now!!
Favorite foods: all fruit (apples and bananas are the regulars), salads, yogurt, raisins, fruit snacks, goldfish
Favorite song: Every night before bed Spencer sings "I am a Child of God" and "I Hope they Call me on a Mission" and now Cal sings along with him. Cal's picked up quite a few songs this month like, "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star", the color songs - (learned from his sisters), and the ABC's which he'll get up and perform for us now!
Cal knows all his letters, some of his numbers, a couple shapes, but no colors yet. I'm getting excited for "school time with mom" next year when both sisters will be in school!
Cal's good at remembering his manners - he's got the pleases and thank you's down. I was happy to hear from a friend who watched him that she was super impressed how he'd say "thank you" anytime she gave him anything. He's just as good at home too! Love it!
Couldn't love this little boy more! I love that I'm usually the one he wants to fix it or make it all better. An owie is easily healed by a simple kiss from mama. A big squeeze can make all the tears go away. Several times a day he'll run up and throw his arms around me in a gigantic hug for no reason at all! Hope he stays a mama's boy for many more years to come!









No comments:
Post a Comment