We turned in Elle's kindergarten registration papers last week. It's been bittersweet thinking of Elle heading off to kindergarten in the fall. Boy am I going to miss her here at home! She is such a huge helper and more importantly - Cal's little buddy. Elle can keep Cal entertained all morning long. She reads him books, sets up his train tracks, plays trains with him, then helps him clean everything up afterwards. They eat snacks "picnic" style while playing outside. They ride bikes together, and run around the house chasing each other while laughing hysterically. And not only is Elle super helpful with Cal, she also helps me clean up the house every morning. I'll usually mention something about how messy the house is and how much we have to get done before we can leave for the park (or something like that) and by the time I'm out of the shower, dressed, and ready, Elle will have made beds, cleaned every room, and put all the toys away. She loves surprising me and hearing me gush about what a super helper she is.
She's definitely ready for school though. Every Monday she's sent home from preschool with a packet of homework, and without fail, Elle immediately heads to her desk when she walks in the door and does nothing else until the entire packet is finished! It's pretty incredible to see her focus and motivation. I'm so used to homework being dragged out for hours. This has definitely been a refreshing change.
So until September, I'm going to make sure I enjoy every second of having this sweet girl home in the mornings with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment