Thursday, March 13, 2008

Annapolis

With sunny weather, blue skies, and Spencer still on spring break, we packed up the car this morning and headed to Annapolis for a day of exploring and family fun. Boy did we had a great time (even though there was a cold breeze)!! There are so many places to see and we did a lot of walking! We will definitely come back soon!! Here are some of the highlights:

Mom Jenkins would have been in heaven with all the antique stores and fun little shops.


Since Uncle Bob is a former Marine, we had to visit the US Naval Academy-we wished we could have explored the grounds more, but Madi was getting a little cold!


The popular "City Dock" area was under construction, so we couldn't get as close to the sailboats as we would have liked. But, we did find this sailboat in the Naval Academy Visitors Center-Madi had a blast playing in it! Grandpa Al would be proud!


Lunchtime!! We went and got fish and chips, and Madi loved the "chips"!!


At the center of historic downtown is the old State House-where the Continental Congress temporarily was held and where George Washington formally resigned as general of the Revolutionary Army. Go George!!



Madi fell asleep before she could model her new $4 Annapolis hoodie, but she was all smiles when we got home!! We all can't wait to go back in the summer!!

15 comments:

Safire said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! We love Annapolis, and it's where I take all my visitors. It's so unique and fun!

The Pickled Red Herring said...

WOW looks like fun! I had no idea there was so much to do in Annapolis! Take me with you this summer!

Terry Family said...

Spencer, It was great talking to you tonight. I have just added a new spot to my list of places to visit...Annapolis! Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later that we will get to come see you guys! I love Madi's $4 hoodie! Way to go finding the bargain!

Lollidale Farm said...

I love all of your pictures! I have never been to Annapolis, either! I guess I need to make some plans...It looks like a great place to visit!

JoSue said...

Wow she's even sporting some shorts! I would never show my white legs this time of year. :)Way to be brave Madi! Annapolis looks interesting. I'm glad to hear the rest of the nation is normal and actually has a spring break. BYUSA puts on events all week like free donuts or something to make it feel like spring break. Never the same though when you can't get away for a bit. Great pics! Looks like fun!

Valerie said...

I am surprised that the weather is so nice. Being in so cal I just figure that the rest of the country is still in a deep freeze!

Aunt Fay said...

Thanks for thinking of me! I wish I had been there with you eating fish & chips in a beautiful, historic town, and am glad you were able to see "The Boat School."

Uncle Bob:)

Jen said...

I can't believe how BLUE her eyes look when she's wearing the hoodie!!! What a sweet baby girl! So funny to see so many pictures of mommy. I am always the one behind the camera! Spencer takes great pictures...of course he does have beautiful subjects to work with!!! LOVE YOU!!!

Lis said...

What a cool little ciTY! I love all the old buildings! Im so glad its been NICE so you guys could enjoy Spencers break! Please stay that way?? I love madi's sweater! She looks super cute with her little smile!

Clark said...

That is my kind vacation. I miss you guys. Love you guys. American's basketball team is going to the tourney. They should play BYU. That would put you and Spencer in a predicament! Talk to you guys later

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
c-natalie-l-k-l said...

Looks like a fun trip! You guys are getting to see so many exciting things! I love the pic of Madi in her sweatshirt.

Shandis said...

I love Madi in the hoodie! So cute! That looks like a fun place to visit!

Lacey said...

how fun! and i love maddi's little shorts, they are so cute!

Marbell Payne said...

Enjoy all of the neat sites to see while you live back East. What a great experience(your fifth graders would be jealous!!).Madi is too cute...she is true California girl in shorts in the winter time. Love those baby ankles Madi!