1) Madi learning LOTS of new words! Some of my favorites are "glasses", "Jesus", and "bless you". When she sees me wearing my sunglasses, she'll point and say "glasses", then proceed to take them off my head! She began recognizing Jesus at the beginning of the month. She saw a picture, smiled, and began waving frantically. She'll now say "Jesus" and wave when she sees a picture of Him. "Bless you" was a one time deal, but it sure was cute! I kept sneezing and after the third or forth sneeze, she said "Bless You!" I thought I was just hearing things, but my mom was there as a witness! It's been fun knowing that she understands most everything I say to her now, and I've really enjoyed trying to distinguish was she is saying in return.
2) Turning Madi's car seat around (forward facing). We originally were planning on waiting until AFTER Madi's birthday, but for convenient purposes, I figured that doing it a week or two early isn't that big of a deal. Madi's been pretty excited about it!
3) Swimming in a real swimming pool for the first time! Madi's done the hot tub and baby pools, but not an actual BIG pool until last week! It took awhile to get used to the cooler temp (aLOT different than the 85 degrees we've had the hot tub set to), but once we got use to it, it sure was refreshing!!
I HAD to include some of Madi's hot tubbing pictures! She loves her new floatie that we've FINALLY got to use!
4) Break through of Madi's FIRST tooth (bottom right)!! It was exciting when I first noticed it cutting through her gums and felt it sharp against my finger. Perfect timing too- right before first birthday pictures next week!
5) Blowing kisses. This consists of kissing her hand while blowing against it at the same time!
6) Folding arms for prayers. Madi still needs some practice with this one. She only does it when SHE chooses to, not on command which I'd like!
7) Going UP stairs. Not a picture of this one. She was already on the forth stair when I caught her the first time and it made me nervous leaving her there to grab my camera. We just have to work on going DOWN the stairs now!
Madi can't wait to see her dad tomorrow and show him some of her new tricks!!!
11 comments:
I love that first picture of Madi! Her eyes are stunning! I can't believe she's saying all of those words. Cool! Have a great reunion with Spencer!
Your little girl is so cute!!! beautiful blue eyes. Looks like you had a fun trip.
I wish Brooklyn would stay in her floatie! She loves the pool, but only when she's getting held!
I can't believe she didn't get her first tooth until NOW! Lucky you!
Awww! Hearing all that makes me wish you guys were closer!!! We miss Madi! I bet she and Lexi would just have the BEST time right now!!! She looks SO pretty! and Yes I agree although its been a LOT longer since ive seen her but she is REALLY getting that little girl look to her! (less baby-ish!) SO CUTE MADI!!!!
I know what you mean on missing your spouse. I also feel bad for Kirk while I am way playing bc I know he is a home working like crazy!
She is such a cute little girl! Looking at the pics made me excited to have a girl! I love the one of her lounging in her floatie. Aren't kids just amazing??? I'm impressed with Madi's vocab??? Her mother must be a teacher.... :)
I LLLLOOOOOVVVVEEEEE the pic of Madi in the hot tub. She is so cute! We missed you today at Cory's farewell. It was really nice and the food was AMAZING! Go Krust!
She really does look older in all these pictures. Her hair seems longer too! I'm glad you finally got to see Spencer again. Brentwood looked so fun though. We're definitely jealous. :)
Anie she gets cuter every day! So fun to catch up on what you've been doing lately. Hey, quick question... we lost our invite to the Centennial grad in our move- I'm sure it's somewhere, but today is the deadline to RSVP. Do you know how strict that deadline is? We're planning on making it, but things are a little crazy here at the moment and it could take a while to track it down. Let me know! erinelizabeth27@gmail.com
I love how much personality you capture of your precious girl in all these pictures! Madi's a doll!
Post a Comment