She ended up picking out a black lab. After being stuffed, given a heart, a quick bath, and LOTS of hugs and kisses, we went over to name him and get his birth certificate.
The name was an easy one! He had a close resemblence to our Aunt Fay and Uncle Bob's dog, Cubby....
So of course Madi needed her own Cubby! Can you see the resemblence?!?
This is the box that Cubby was carried home in and is now where he sleeps at night.
Madi is already doing such a good job of taking care of Cubby! She already calls him by name- walking around the house calling "Cubby dog". She and daddy put him to bed in his box every night. Madi then peeks on him (through the little window on the box) several times before she goes to bed. Then she makes sure to wake him up and get him out of his box first thing in the morning! She also makes sure to give him monster bear hugs throughout the day.
Now Spencer can't bug me anymore about getting a dog! Getting Cubby was definitely the way to go! Cute dog, no messes, no clean-up, kid can be totally in charge of, no cost for dog food, can easily come on trips, or be left at home, quiet, but also lots of FUN! Welcome to our home Cubby!
6 comments:
Oh my gosh thats so cute! I never knew build-a-bear was so cool! A HEART? CUTE! I love that Madi loves her toys! Her hair cut does look TOTALLY cute! GOOD JOB!
Oh no, another dog lover in the family!!
Madi, your Cubby is so cute. He is black like gram and papa's Kody dog. Do you remember Kody at Grampapa's house? He loves and misses all the hugs he got from you babies this past summer:(
We miss you and love you. Give Cubby a big hug for us. xoxoGram
Too cute... I love it. Looks like she had such a magical day. Now you will have to avoid that store ever time you go to the mall!
My mom always takes Reina to Build-a-bear (even when she was only 3 months old). Last time we went Reina was really into it too. She sleeps every night with the bunny she got last summer.
Cubby, Sr. says:
What an honor to have your puppy named for me, Madi! Yes, there is definitely a resemblance.. we are both quite handsome. I can see that you love him and will take good care of him. He is so fortunate to have you as his mom! I hope I get to meet him the next time you are in California.
PS: My mom says to say hi to you!
I want to take Lucas there soooo bad! And he would pick that exact same "Cubby!" Everytime we go to the mall, we have to visit Build-A-Bear and bathe and play with that dog. I'm glad you found a dog that was agreeable to everyone in the household.
Post a Comment