Wednesday, September 24, 2008

First Hair Cut!

Tonight I gave Madi her very first hair cut!! While I was super nervous about doing it, and Spencer was totally against it, the hair needed to be cut! It was getting long and mangy looking (notice the picture below- ya, pretty bad)! So, not wanting it to grow out like a mullet, I went ahead and did it! Yes, now I'm sad and longingly look at older pictures wondering if I really should have done it, but it's done and actually pretty cute.

BEFORE:

AFTER: (back view)

(side view)

Now the question is- what do I do with the hair? For now, I've decided to tape it to a piece of paper which will go into her baby book. Any other suggestions?


I was contemplating putting it into this this container that Madi was given (along with her first piggy bank and first tooth). But then where do I store the container??

8 comments:

Lis said...

Oh my gosh! thats SOOOOO cute! I love her BOB! CUTEE!!!! Im glad you did it. You always wonder... was it that bad? should I have done that? It will grow out before you know it and it will look CUTE rather than mullet-ish! It had to be done... now or later. But for now at least its a SUPER cute bob until it gets long! I have no ideas on what to do with it though.

The Pickled Red Herring said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Pickled Red Herring said...

OHHH SO CUTE! Definitely a good decision. You may recall when I was too scared to cut Kate's hair for WAAAY too long and now unfortunately we have loads of mullet pictures for which she will hate me when she's older!

Lollidale Farm said...

So cute!! I have my kids' hair in ziploc bags in memorabilia boxes (along with cards and other things I don't have in their scrapbooks). Madi's little box would be very cute but not necessarily for the long-term.

Jen said...

You did a great job! Ava just got her hair cut as well. What I found, after Ava's first haircut, was that it actually seemed to grow better, thicker, and faster after having it cut. As far as what to do with the hair, I have no idea. I kept baby hair for a long time, but after making so many moves and other things I no longer have the hair. I don't miss it. But,that's coming from someone who has four kids and has been a mom for 13 years and has found that there are SOOOOO many things I want to save, but don't because there's just too much!!! Madi's hair looks darling!

Jones Family said...

I got these little bags at Michael's. They are for putting little things in and scrapbooking. I have Hannah and Gavin's hair in one, waiting to scrapbook it. It comes in a package of 100. I can send you a few bags if you want. They are small. You can scrapbook her hair!

ps. I understand about the stragily hair... and the mullet... Hannah and Madi have the same type of hair. Hannah's is still a little short... but it's getting long, FINALLY!!!

Her hair looks cute. Good job Mom!

Terry Family said...

Are those scissors in her hand? Watch out! Eric has just about grown out his haircut that he gave himself a couple of months ago! It doesn't take more than a couple of seconds and it's trouble! Madi's hair looks cute.
It was great talking to you today.

Shandis said...

She's a big girl now! I can't believe you cut her hair yourself! What a woman! She is adorable as usual!!