At least Madi and I were able to enjoy a week of playing at the pool before it's closure! We seriously went everyday the week we got back (except for Sunday of course)! I just don't understand the whole concept of closing a pool when it's still in the high 80's and 90's! These past few days the heat has been a killer and taking a dip into our nice, cool pool would have made everything better! Instead, around here, once school starts the pools close. It makes me so mad! Who needs a lifeguard anyway!?! It's not like Madi and I need someone watching us swim! I'd even be ok if they just opened up the pool at 3pm after school's out! There were a couple of days this past week that I seriously contemplated jumping the fence. I just couldn't figure how to get Madi and I both over!
Madi's become so much braver in the water now. She'll actually stick her head down into the water, try to blow bubbles, and not cry when water gets splashed into her face (which is a big improvement for Madi!). When I'd take her into the "big pool" she'd actually swim using her hands and jump off the side into my arms.
Even though we couldn't go swimming, at least we ended the day on a good note. We celebrated the Cougars' win over the University of Washington, and the storm finally gave way to a beautiful sunset!
9 comments:
I agree they shouldn't just close the pool because school has started. I just changed our blog address to www.gretchenanderic.blogspot.com and made it private. I don't have your email address to invite you. Please email me at grettahuff@hotmail.com
Thanks!
Gretchen
That IS a gorgeous sunset! I was so sad that the pools closed. September always has so many nice, hot days, and I'm always wishing that I could swim some more. Too bad about Saturday! BTW--You did a great job Sat. morning!!
Wasn't that football game awesome!? Clark was developing a serious ulcer by the end.
We totally agree about the pool thing. In Texas they close them way early (so we hear) but September is one of the hottest months there! Whatever, that's why we'll have our own pool in the backyard and it will be open 6 days a week ALL year round! Madi is adorable in those pool pictures. I've been undecided, but I think I like the red swimsuit best. Love you guys. Hope school is going smoothly for Spencer!
Our weekend plans were also tainted by hurricana Hannah. Stupid Hannah always making trouble!
Man i hope youre around next summer! Your pool looks so fun! I love all of Madi's hair too! I cant wait to see you girls again!!! WE MISS YOU SO MUCH!
I don't know how I would have survived the summer without our pool. I'm so happy you kept BOTH of Madi's cute swim suits. She is a mini Anie, laying out in her floatie, so cute. The days of summer are numbered!
So sad that the pools are closed... But what cute pictures of your little swimmer girl!
Madi would totally love Disneyland now. Disneyland is for everyone 6 months to 100 years old. I can't believe you've never been to Disneyland! The pass is definitely the way to go. We need to renew our next month. Maybe we can get you in for free over Christmas.
you probably don't want to hear it, but being the mother of two life guards, the pools have to close because they are staffed almost exclusively by college students. Health department rules about managers and the training they have to have to remain open make it so the remaining high school guards aren't qualified or legally old enough to staff the pools yada yada yada. There are indoor pools :)
Post a Comment