Friday, September 19, 2008

One Person's Trash is another's TREASURE!

Madi and I were out for a walk the other day and on our way back to the house we passed by the dumpster. I couldn't help but notice a big, brightly colored easel sitting to the side. I wheeled Madi around to take a look. I HAD to take it home with me! It was in perfect condition and something I've been wanting to get for Madi for quite sometime. So aside from a complete scrub down (just for germ purposes) Madi got a brand new/old toy for FREE!!! While I'm still probably a little more excited than she is, she's had a great time scribbling on it. I'm looking forward to starting "school" with Madi. One side is a white board, on the second side paper can be hung for various art projects, and the third side is a table that can fold up, allowing the three part easel to collapse down smaller. What a GREAT find! Can you believe someone would actually throw this away?!?

8 comments:

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

Wow!!!! That is so cool! The dumpster can be a great place to visit. Lucas loves his easel.

Sorry I haven't called you back! :) I love getting your messages. You do have my right address!

Cristin said...

That is great! I wish I could find something like that for FREE! She looks like she enjoys it already.

Lis said...

That thing is AWESOME!!! I totally would have done the same thing! what a GREAT find anie! You rock! Lexi wants to come over and PAINT! Or color or something! FUN FUN!

The Harpers said...

Free stuff is awesome, especially when it was a total surprise find too! Way to go Anie! How did Spencer feel about it?

The Hansen Family said...

What a fantastic find! One time I found a bananna peel by the dumpster...

Jones Family said...

That thing looks huge!!! I love finding that kind of stuff. Awesome find. It must have been pretty funny to watch you push Madi and carry that huge easel home... hahaha... I'm laughing at you. You should have see me load a play kitchen in my car.

JoSue said...

ha! I love this post because I can totally see Clark and I doing something like that. The easel looks squeaky clean too! Kids don't know the difference anyway. Way to go Anie. By the way, I'm excited to hear that Madi is going to bed earlier! I love my nights so that will be a huge thing for me. Love you guys!

The Pickled Red Herring said...

WHOA that's awesome! I love this place where great things are cheap or free! Okay just sometimes, anyway.