Thursday, December 11, 2008

"It surely does SUCK!"

So, if any of you know Spencer, he is really intrigued by random gadgets that make life simpler-you know the stuff that aires on infomercials at 2 a.m. Although he often criticizes such silly gadgets for their impracticalities, he occasionally finds something special...something that he claims will change his life forever. Take for instance the Flowbee. For those of you who don't know about the Flowbee, you are really missing out! Spencer was introduced to the Flowbee back in high school from his good friend Kirk. The Flowbee is one of those "As Seen On TV" items that most people think is a joke. No my friends, this thing is legit! Here's how it works: Hook the vacuum up to the flowbee. Turn vacuum on. Turn Flowbee on. Suck'n'cut! That all there is to it! Spencer has been cutting his locks with the Flowbee for over 10 years now!

This guy, the official Flowbee spokesman/model obviously digs it!:

And apparently, so does his mom!

*note: Contrary to official Flowbee recommendations, Spencer does not recommend this product to women.

Over the years, Spencer's dad, brother-in-law, and uncle have all made the Flowbee a part of their lives. As silly as the Flowbee sounds, sometimes there is a treasure to be found on those 2 a.m. infomercials. This takes me to Spencer's newest find. So, the other day our toaster oven died :( and we cannot live without a toaster! Spencer began looking for toasters online and came across something very interesting: the "Back to Basics TEM500 Egg-and-Muffin 2-Slice Toaster and Egg Poacher"


After doing careful research, Spencer announced that he had found "the next Flowbee"! So, I'm sure you guys are just aching to find out what exactly this thing does. Basically, this device simultaneously toasts, poaches an egg, and warms pre-cooked meat...and it works so everything is done at exactly the same moment!! Don't ask me how it does it, it just does!! The real deal breaker is that this isn't just for breakfast sandwich people, but it also can work as a basic toaster.

Product Tested...


And Approved!!


According to Spencer, our lives will never be the same!!

15 comments:

Lollidale Farm said...

So fun! I love product reviews. It's so funny that you mentioned the flobee for women. I was just wondering how long that thing can cut hair. I am getting desperate for a haircut (but not desperate enough yet to try the flobee!)

Aunt Fay said...

Let me be the "official" female spokesperson for the Flowbee and tell you that it defintely does NOT work on women's hair. I tried it when my hair was very short and it turned out BAD - had to go to a salon and get it fixed... not fun, ended up with REALLY short hair!

Cristin said...

Spencer has the signature Flowbee cut. Most Flowbee users have his haircut.

Lis said...

man you guys are the best! Ive always wanted to accidentally show up and crash one of your breakfast parties with the missionaries... now that I know how easy it is to whip me up a breakfast sandwich BEWARE!!! Ill be THERE!

how funny... i love the pictures! You are such a crack up!

Cothran Family said...

I love this Anie! I remember the night before your wedding, watching Spencer cut his hair with that thing and thinking, he is crazy! What is that thing?!! All I could think of was the CHitty Chitty Bang Bang Machine that burned the guys head. But, then I saw it Work! Pretty impressive reviews I must say! We have a Flavor Wave, an infamercial product that cooks frozen meat fast. It works and has for 9 years!

Lacey said...

i totally remember spencer getting the flowbee out and cutting his hair. i didn't believe it until i saw it! so funny!

Marisa said...

That thing (Flowbee) really works?! I've never heard of it before. That's awesome!!

Safire said...

We have that toaster!! It is AWESOME. We love it. We use it daily. It poaches eggs, toasts, even hard boils, er, steams eggs. I loved it so much I bought one for my brother last Christmas and he also uses it daily. Love it!

Want to do another review? I'm thinking of buying a magic bullet...what does Spencer think of this? ;)

Jen said...

ahh....the toaster! I've wanted one of those for a long time now! But am always hesitant to purchase something new. I still have my 4 slice toaster that I picked up at DI years ago for $2. I am a CHEAPSKATE! Thanks for the cool post!

The Harpers said...

I saw a toaster like that the other day and wondered if it really worked. I guess now I know. Good find Spence!

Roxy said...

I bought Erik one of those Egg McMuffin things a couple of years ago and he loves it. Looked weird to me, but he uses it all the time. Paula Deen also endorses one, so it MUST be good! Good choice Spencer!

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

Oh my GOODNESS!!!! I have to buy that for Clint. I loved the Flowbee pics! So funny!

Jones Family said...

My dad uses the flowbee too. You would think a lawyer would spend some good money on a hair cut... nope, just the flowbee. He wants me to cut my own hair. "Just put on a bunch of attachments!" I always decline.
I'm interested in this toaster. I've seen it in my research for a new toaster, but was skeptical. I think I passed up a good thing.

Chuckleheads said...

Ok...so spencer is my kindred spirit. I always wanted a flowbee...

But my favorite "as seen on tv" is the H2O Vacuum. Unfortunately, we have an agreement between John and I that I have to have his consent for purchasing off tube... :)

waldoabj said...

The only reason "Spencer's dad" has a flowbee is because he repaired the one that Spencer wore out and since Spencer received a new flowbee the original still continues to cut & suck hair in CA.