Saturday, March 7, 2009

Our Week in a Nut Shell

Monday: Snow Storm. Don't think I left the house all day! Ya, I'm a BIG baby when it comes to the COLD! Oh wait, we did leave the house ONCE- to go get the mail. Madilyn was glad to get out. Look at all our snow! This is definitely the most we've ever gotten! I really should have taken pictures in the morning during the whiteout! 


Tuesday: The sun came out. We ventured out to go sledding with friends. Madi enjoyed it for maybe 10 minutes.

Madi (in the middle) with all of her little buddies!


Wednesday:
  Went out and ran errands. Realized that I was actually WARM all bundled up in my coat and scarf. Got home and checked the weekend forecast- GORGEOUS!!! Started to see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Thursday: A little bit warmer (high of 52)! Got out for a nice long walk. Snow still on the ground but definitely melting.

Friday: Spencer's first official day of Spring Break! While I went to the doctor to hear baby's heartbeat (which was 138- seems pretty slow for a girl. Madi's was always up in the 160's), Spencer took Madi to the park.  It was only 55 degrees at that point (still a little chilly if you ask me). After naps we headed off to the Rio. Madi was in heaven as we stopped by Barnes and Noble to read books and play at the train table. Then we spent the next hour with the ducks/ geese and playing at the park.

After a Costco stop we topped the day off with a car wash (nothin beats a clean car)! The high this afternoon reached 69 degrees!! WOOT WOOT!

Saturday: The last of the snow has finally melted! The high for the day broke 70 degrees!! So we spent the morning at the park in t-shirts and flip flops! Gotta LOVE it!!! 


Here's Madi showing how she conquered her fear of heights. She climbed to the top of the play structure all by herself and went down this slide (and the twisty one) over and over again!

After a LONG afternoon nap, we met up with the Christenots at the temple and then out to dinner afterwards. What a fabulous day to end a great week! 

I know, I'm pretty obsessed when it comes to the weather. I swear my mood is weather based. The nicer it is, the more I get done and the happier I am! Maybe Spencer should be applying for jobs in places where the weather is warmer. Unfortunately, I think we'll be living with the seasons for several more years! I guess having a winter helps me appreciate the spring that much more!

17 comments:

Lis said...

im with ya on the strange weather and being less productive when its all dumpy out. Although, i need to work on being MORE productive on sunny days. taking notes taking notes... im so glad its warmer now. MORE TRIPS TO THE PARK I SAY! Its been too long since we hung out. We should go monday if youre not busy with Spencer!!! Shoot. I probably wont see you guys until he goes back to school!!! Dang.

Lollidale Farm said...

Yeah, wasn'tit a crazy week??

5 Brothers Farms said...

What a busy week! Madi looks so darling all bundled up!

MSorenson said...

Anie, I love your posts. You have inspired me to be better about documenting the things my kids say and do. You have such cute pictures of little Madi, you must have a great camera or some good photoshop skills. It is fun to see what you guys have been up too. I am totally weather obsessed too! You should have Spencer look for jobs out here, it's going to be in the 80s this week. At least the seasons are pretty! Our spring is almost over, then we have about 8 months of summer! :)

tylerandmommy said...

Awww that second pic is not Madi with ALL her friends...Tyler wasn't there! He saw her today at church and said "Oh! Hi Madi!"

Brian or Julie said...

Tell me about it. The kids had no school Mon. & Tue. because of the snow and now they have been asking if the can get the pool out. Wild!

Jocelyn said...

hey anie! i started a blog. check it out... jocelynjenkins.blogspot.com

Jones Family said...

I believe we are cut from the same cloth when it comes to weather and definitely the sun. I'm happy when it's warm and irritable when it's cold. Hang in there!!! Spring is next week!
I'm excited for our visit! Only about 2 1/2 more months!!!

martyrudd said...

Nan...my heart beat when I was a baby never got over 140, so this new addition is more like her Gram. Oh no, Spencer says...Gram shock and awe!!
xoxoxoMOM

The Pickled Red Herring said...

My mood is definitely weather-based. Totally normal. What a fun week!!! I'm so proud of you for having caught up with it! (I have not.)

Aunt Fay said...

What a darling little red nose she had in that cold weather. It was perfectly complemented by the pink snow suit!

Anonymous said...

Wow- Madi looks snug as a bug in her snow get-up! Yup, crazy weather down here too! I think it got up in the 80's today! SOOOO nice! Where are all the pics of you, deary?

Nancy said...

Loved the snow pictures! It's amazing that the weather changed so dramatically and so fast! Joc inspired me to update my blog. Miss you lots.

Marisa said...

That's nice that it got up to 70. We've had incredible weather here - up to 80 the last few days, it's been so nice! The South is definitely warmer!

Heidi said...

That is some crazy weather!

I thought I should tell you that photo on my blog is not of my sisters but of some college girlfriends ;-), but they are pretty much like sisters!

Jen said...

My mood is totally weather based as well. I am so much more productive and happy on nice warm sunny days!!!! When you mentioned going to the Rio it brought back memories! I loved going there! And I LOVE the picture of the DC temple! When Scott and I lived there we actually never had the chance to go. BUMMER! Ava's heartbeat was always between 135 and 142 (which was probably why I asked if she was really a girl right after she was born!!!) Have fun enjoying Spencer's break from school!!! Love you!

Christenots said...

I surfed a few of the family blogs and came back to say thanks and hi! I try to spend my mission time wisely!.It's great to have the interaction with women. We are on a military relations mission which is mostly guys, but a few women. We love the time serving. Hope to see you soon again. You are great! Blessings, Sister Christenot