Saturday, April 25, 2009

Birthday Celebration!

Happy Birthday to ME!!! I turned 29 today! I can't believe this is the last year of my twenties! The other day while Spencer was lamenting about turning 30 in just 6 months, he turns to me and says, "Anie, you're so lucky, you have your whole life ahead of you!" Spencer's wise comments always seem to make so much sense and make everything all better! :)

As for birthday celebrations, they started off early with hitting up a yard sale at 8am. This is one yard sale I've been excited about since I went for my first time last year. I am very happy about my purchases too!

Purchase #1: Baby's new car seat
While I was very hesitant to purchase a car seat at a yard sale, it was extremely difficult to pass up this one:

Pictured above is the exact infant carrier that I bought this morning for $30. When I got home I got online and googled it to see what they're going for. I found them on sale for $130! WOW- so I just saved $100! Happy Birthday to me!

Purchase #2: Madi's birthday present (that we plan on hiding and setting up on June 28th). It's a kitchen- brand new from Target, sold there for $100. I got it for $30! Along with the kitchen I got her a shopping cart for .25 and a whole bag of dishes and food (not all pictured- currently in the dishwasher) for $3. Total birthday gift: $33.25! Pretty sweet deal if you ask me!

Purchase #3: Calendar for the girls room. Tisha found this exact calendar at a sale in Pasadena for $25.  I've been looking for one ever since. While I don't think I could bring myself to pay $25 for it, I was very happy for it's $2 sticker price! SOLD!

Purchase #4: Maternity clothes 
Since it is my birthday, I was thrilled to find something for myself! I got a pair of capris, 2 shirts, and a maternity swim suit (never been worn) all for $20! 

Purchase #5: Books- $2
I'm always a sucker for books.

After a successful hour and a half at the yard sale, I came home to join Spencer and Madi for some present opening and brunch.

Madi made sure to wish me happy birthday all day long. I think Spencer did some training while I was at the yard sale, because several times throughout the day she'd randomly say, "Happy Birthday Mama." 



After presents, Spencer and Madi took naps and I headed outside to enjoy the beautiful weather- and answer many of my birthday phone calls (thanks for all the birthday wishes everyone)! With Madi taking a nice long 3 1/2 hour nap, Spencer and I had a quiet afternoon to kick back, relax, and watch a movie.

This evening we went out to dinner where Spencer surprised me with a birthday present to top all presents. I got a new CAMERA!!! I can't begin to express my excitement after opening the box. I've been wanting a new camera for awhile now, but I truthfully didn't think I'd be getting one until after law school (it not being a necessity and all). Our old one is still hanging in there- held together by a rubber band, but hanging in there!

After dinner we came home and of course I had to whip out my camera and start learning. 
Im lucky that it came with free lessons! :) Thanks Melissa for helping Spencer out with the camera surprise!


Spencer topped the night off with my favorite birthday dessert- strawberry shortcake! Yummmm! 


What a fabulous birthday! Big thanks to Spencer for all the spoiling!  

Of course, I can't forget to also wish a very happy birthday to my sweet niece, Ani and sister-in-law, Lindsay who I share this special day with. Love you guys. Hope you had a fabulous day as well!

19 comments:

Doreen said...

Yessiree! I'd say that is a GREAT birthday! I know you described what you got at the yard sales on the phone but to see it! HOLY COW! You got some sweet deals on some awesome stuff!! You look so happy in all of those pictures (as usual). I'm glad Spencer took good care of you on your b-day! Enjoy your new camera!!!

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday! I can't believe those great yard sale finds. The yard sales in my neighborhood are all put on by old people with the most random things!

Corinne Beede said...

Happy Birthday Anie!! I would call but it's midnight there! I've been thinking about you (& Lindsay) all day long! I was going to call you earlier but as I was getting ready to, Morgan called and distracted me! I'm so sorry! But the way I see it, it's still your birthday here in Utah so this counts, right?! Well, by the latest post, it sounds like you had a pretty great day! Good job Spencer and Madi!! And great buys Anie! I love great finds like that! It's the best justification for spending money!!! Well, I love you and wanted you to know I was thinking of you! Happy Happy Birthday Anie!!!

Terry Family said...

This must be the year of the camera! Shaun surprised me with the Nikon D60! I have no idea how to use it, but can't wait to learn! Feel free to pass any tips along, as you learn them! Glad you had a great day. The only thing better would have been partying with you!...Someday!

Lis said...

happy birthday! Im so glad you had such a GOOD day !!! Gotta make it a GOOD last of the 20's!!! WOO WOOOOOOOOOO! Im so excited that you have a camera now! Were going to have some MAJOR FUN!

Popi and CeCe said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! The calendar . . .you are SUCH a TEACHER! (always--it's just in the blood) I would love to know the pre-school curriculum too (also such a teacher) Libby and Reeve are ready! Enjoy your spring!
Cheryl

The Pickled Red Herring said...

Oh I'm so retarded... I DID KNOW it was your birthday and TOTALLY FORGOT! I'm good at that. Happy birthday anyway and congrats on all your sweet gifts! I remember when my last camera was held together with a rubber band too! What an awesome birthday. Oh yeah and Brooklyn's pictures... that WAS the tutu you gave her! Which I LOVE... and maybe you remember the SIZE? It said 0-3 months!!! Yes I just crammed my 1-yr-old into it for pictures! (Still fits!) It's okay, Kate's dress says 12 months! Anyway. Hope your birthday was fabulous!

tylerandmommy said...

Sounds like a SWEEEEEEEEEEET birthday! I am SOOOO jealous of your camera! I am glad you scored big at the yard sale. I need to start writing things down as I think of them so next year I can send Josh with a list. Anyhow, I hope you got my happy birthday wishes on facebook since I figured I would forget to tell you today (which I did). I hope you had a GREAT day!

Safire said...

Awesome birthday!! Man you really got spoiled this time around. LOVE IT. :) And now you and I have the same camera. Let's be camera buddies!

Cothran Family said...

Happy birthday Girl! I loved seeing pictures of You and your prego belly, so cute. I was thinking about you on your special day. You are older than me you know:) You are the best cousin ever. Love you Phannie!

Joey and Michelle Chandler Family said...

Happy Birthday! Way to go on the great presents and great finds at the yard sale! It's so much more fun buying stuff when you get such good deals!

Cristin said...

Ah, 29, you're still so YOUNG! Just wait till you are 31. Now that is OLD.

Wow, those are some great finds. I wish we had yard sales like that around here!

The Hansen Family said...

We called to wish you a happy day but we got ahold of a guy named Darrel. We need your new number. :-)
Happy Birthday anyway!!!! :-)

JoSue said...

Happy Birthday Anie!! Sounds like you had a FABULOUS day. So many fun gifts and bargains and treats and holy cow...that camera is AWESOME! I can't wait to see the pictures you take with it. Wish we all could have been there to celebrate with you. Spencer's right, you have your whole life ahead of you!! :) xoxo

The Harpers said...

Happy Birthday Anie! You'll LOVE your camera, I'm sure of it. I'm jealous of all of your garage sale finds.

Erin said...

Happy birthday! Looks like it was a happy one in every way. I'm jealous of all your bargains! We miss and love you all! You are looking fantastic by the way.

xo
Erin

Jones Family said...

Happy Birthday Anie! Shopping and a nap sounds like the best birthday to me!

Philip and Melissa said...

happy birthday to you fabulous anie! you cute prego girl!

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

Happy Birthday!!! It looks like you had an awesome day. A new camera! What a great gift!

I thought about you all week before your birthday, and then we went to BYU for my sister's graduation. And I forgot to call you! I'm sorry! I've been thinking about you! You're belly is looking so cute!