
Time really has flown by. I have a picture of Elle on my phone that I snapped when she was 5 weeks old. Doesn't seem that long ago, but it kinda makes me sad to know that she's growing and changing so fast! The good thing about Elle getting older is that she's become a little more predictable. However, every time I think I've got Elle's schedule figured out, she goes and changes again. At the beginning of her second month (8 weeks old) I started a 6pm bedtime. Then shortly after that, naps started to become a little more predictable. Her schedule for the majority of the month was as follows (sorry if this is post is boring, but its mostly so I don't forget!):

7am day begins- eats, cute smiles, hangs out with dad in bed
8am back to sleep (usually in mom and dad's bed, sometimes in car seat- taking dad to the metro, followed by errands/outings with mom and Madi)
9am awake- play, or chill in car seat if we're out and about
10am back to sleep
11am awake, eat, play with mom and Madi
Sometime between 12 and 1pm Home for a nap- in bed
3pm awake, eat, plays in gym, hangs out with mom
4pm back in bed
5pm awake, plays with Madi, tummy time, bath, eats, story




6pm (sometimes before) in bed for the night
Up twice at night to eat:
1) Sometime around midnight
2) Somewhere between 3-4am
But again, as soon as I got used to this schedule she's already begun to change. Good thing, because I'm not a fan of the short, sporadic naps! I'm really looking forward to a good nap in the morning (so that Madi and I can start having our "school time" again), and a solid nap in the afternoon (which thankfully she's already got going)! One thing I'm definitely looking forward to is for Elle to begin sleeping better at night. She's been a lot more difficult to sleep train than I remember Madi being. By 3 months old, Madi had already done 10 1/2 hours straight! Elle usually does 5 hours for her first stretch (sometimes 6 when she goes right to sleep after being layed down), but there are several nights that she's still crying off and on for about an hour in the early evening. Night feedings are no big deal except that I'm trying to stretch them out longer. So when Elle first wakes up, I go in and give her the binky. It usually gives me another hour. I do this several times each night- causing me to get out of bed anywhere between 3-8 times a night. I don't even remember what's it's like to get a solid nights sleep anymore. Sometimes I wonder if it's even possible for me to sleep through all the little noises like I used to.
Aside from not being the greatest sleeper, Elle sure is an easy going baby. Maybe it comes with being a second child, but Elle's just gotten used to chillin. She's pretty patient- only crying when she's tired and/or hungry.

Two big things this month:
1. Gaining enough neck support for sitting in the bumbo.
Doesn't she just look so grown-up here?!

2. Graduating (just this past week) from her cradle to now sleeping in the crib.

Elle is pretty dang excited about it too!
(Big thanks to Grandpa Al and Boppi for the new cute outfit that just arrived in the mail today-what a fun surprise!)

We sure love our Elle Belly!

10 comments:
So if she's in the crib, is she and Madi sleeping in the same bedroom??!! If so...how is that going?? These pics are just sooooo cute and yes she looks very grown up:(
She's adorable! I can see a lot of Madi in her, just with dark hair! Although, you never know, that dark hair can go light! Brielle had really dark hair, and now it's a strawberry blonde. Anyway, she is just so cute and it's fun to see her grow up in her pictures!
Oh, and this is Marisa :-)
She is absolutely adorable!
I can't believe she is already 3 months. She is starting to look more like Madi to me, except the brunette factor! She looks like such a sweet little baby. We are excited to see you when you are here at Christmas. We definitely need to set something up. You guys are welcome to stay here if you want when you go to Disneyland.
she is getting so big! and all that hair! wow! I agree is is looking a lot more like madi.
we are so excited to see you guys in a couple days- I asked the kids to guess who was coming this week, they forgot, so I said "aunt anie" Adley said in an excited voice- "she's really coming THIS week?!! "Yeah" "YES!!!" he replied- Ani is very excited to see cousin Madi and baby Elle- Elle will have LOADS of attention this weekend- kinda like you and Eliza when Bobby was a baby :) (good thing ani is getting a baby of her own in just a few months :)
WHAT? THREE MONTHS ALREADY? When I saw that as your title I was like NO WAY. But I guess it's true. That second to last picture is the BEST. Happy Graduation Elle :)
We live about 15 minutes from D-land. Well if traffic is bad it could take long... you know how it is.
You are so good about schedules! Once Abby is over this cold I am hoping to get her sleeping better as well.
I can't believe it has been three months for you, or even 8 weeks for me!
See you at the Mommy and Me tomorrow?!
Awwww. She looks just like Madi! With Brown hair. I just LOVe her, shes so cute Anie!!!!! Glad shes sleeping in a big girl crib now! Its crazy to me, because I remember like it was just YESTERDAY going and helping you get that crib when Madi was too big the the cradle... OH how time flies......... It was SO nice to talk to you today! We sure do miss our Anie and Madi time!!!!!!!!
She is so cute. Just remember, the lack of sleep won't be forever.
Post a Comment