Tuesday, October 20, 2009

30 years old!

Happy Birthday to Spencer!

Today we get to celebrate Spencer's 30 fabulous years of life. Unfortunately for him it's his longest day of the week. So while I'm home making a birthday cake, Spencer gets to work for 4 hours, go to school for 6, followed by studying until midnight! What a way to celebrate!

My gift to him this year is a guys weekend in Utah! Spencer flies out on Thursday and will spend his birthday weekend hanging out with his buddies, eating out at all our favorite places (Cafe Rio and Bombay House to name a few), playing some golf, and most importantly- cheering on his favorite college football team- GO BYU!

Since we'll be flying back to the west cost in less than 2 months, I opted out of breaking the bank account (which consists mostly of student loans anyway) and will not be coming along with the girls. Instead, Madi, Elle, and I will drop Spencer off at the airport and head on to North Carolina to spend the weekend with the Calhoun Clan!

There's no need of doing some cheesy post about how awesome Spencer is and how happy I am that he was born, and how I'm basically the luckiest girl in the whole world to have him as a husband- cause I'm sure everyone that reads this already knows how cool Spencer is and feels honored to be associated with him! With that said, here's to my girls favorite guy!

8 comments:

Roxy said...

Happy Birthday Spencer - watch the mail for your little surprise! Hope you have a great day!

Lis said...

Happy Birthday Spencer! Way to be 30!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a side note- We also think now that you guys have that flip camera, you should take a video a day. Lexi keeps watching them saying AGAIN! AGAIN! AGAIN! Madi's pretty entertaining!!

Jocelyn said...

Happy Happy Birthday Big Brother!!! WOW, you are old! :) hehehe...hope its a fabulous day and I will see you this weekend...GO COUGARS!!

The Pickled Red Herring said...

Happy birthday Spencer!!! Sorry I made Travis late to your party. In my defense, it was his fault. I heard it was fabulous anyway! And Anie... CAKE!!! Oh my gosh. Thanks for thinking of me and also, please teach me how to make these TWO AMAZING CAKES! Travis brought home this heaping plate and I was like, "WHOA that's way too much cake!" and then promptly polished off the whole thing.

The Harpers said...

Happy Birthday Spence!

JoSue said...

We already sang to you yesterday Spence but just wanted to say Happy BIrthday again and we hope it was a good day! What cute birthday wishes from Madi. Clark said Elle's slacking cause she didn't sing to you...xoxo

tylerandmommy said...

Happy Birthday Spencer! Tell him to enjoy his guys weekend. And YOU enjoy your time in NC!!!

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

Happy 30th birthday, Spencer! Sorry about the TCU game! We made it up to Provo for that disappointment too! :) But we also ate a ton of great food!

I love hearing your voice on the videos, Anie!!