Friday, January 11, 2013

My little Sunbeam

This past Sunday was a big one for our little Elle. Ever since she got potty trained (back in May) she's been asking to go to primary with Madi (being potty trained = big girl = getting to go to primary). Then for the past 4 months we've had a count down going. The months turned to weeks, weeks turned to days, and just last Friday (with only 2 days to go), Elle could not contain her excitement any longer. Numerous times Elle would anxiously tell me, "I can't believe I'm gonna be a sunbeam." While beaming, she'd ask me, "Do you remember when I would ask you when I was gonna get to go to primary? And now I am! I can't believe the day is already here!" It was seriously the cutest thing ever!

But this past Sunday wasn't just a big day for Elle, it was a pretty big day for me too. I was officially called as our ward Primary President. I'd known for quite awhile but had just been laying low until it became official. My first Sunday went well. I was prepared to jump right in, but by the end of the day I was completely overwhelmed. Eleven classes (one which needs to be split), plus nursery, 82 kids, teachers to call, forms to update, ideas to implement, meetings to be had - it's been a busy week! I think today was the first day I haven't had a headache. Lucky for me I have amazing counselors!! Very supportive, willing to jump in and do whatever needs to be done. I love em already! I'm super excited to be in primary, and especially excited to be with my girls. It was fun to be in there with Elle on her first Sunday!

Madi's been really cute about my new calling. Several times on Sunday, and then various time throughout the week Madi will say, "I can't believe you're the new primary president!" Pretty sure she's excited to have me in there!

3 comments:

Lacey said...

you will be a perfect primary president! your girls are seriously the cutest things ever! my miller was put into sunbeams as well. he is pretty much the youngest you could be, (turned 3 dec. 30th) bso he wasn't super excited to not have toys to play with, and he also LOVED his nursery leader, but i think he will get used to it.

The Days of your Life said...

Congrats....:)
You are going to be a fabulous primary president and you have one of the cutest sunbeams in the world! Miss you guys!

Dan and Bec said...

I'm not a bit surprised. I thoroughly enjoyed watching you teach and interact the kids in our primary. You have a great talent that can't be taught! Congrats.
Abby and Elle are cute little Sunbeams!