Wow do I have a lot of catching up to do!! A few days after Christmas we packed up and headed 4 hours north to Marina, Ca (just outside of Monterey) where we stayed at the Marina Dunes Resort with my parents, Bob, Amy, Karlee, and Jeremy. It was quite the party!! Every night was spent playing BANG (Spencer's new favorite game) while consuming tons of junk food and pounding the H
2O! It was a blast! We were a minutes walk from the beach and a short drive to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. We ate lots of good food (thanks mom for all your hard work in keeping us well fed:), saw some gorgeous sunsets, jumped the sands dunes (to stay warm while waiting for sun set), went swimming (heated pool wasn't warm enough for me though), hot tubbing, surfing (just the boys), and let the kids be adored by their aunts, uncles, Gram, and Papa! Naturally I took a
gazillion pictures, but sadly all the pictures were deleted when I had Bobby reformat my computer a few days later. I had uploaded them in Lightroom and was in the editing process when we decided to give my computer a much needed tune up. My iphoto was all backed up, but I lost everything in Lightroom! I was sick to my stomach for days after. I had taken Cal's 9 month pictures, done a photo shoot for my friend's 8 month old, had all the pictures from our after Christmas fun with Spencer off work (bowling pics were the best!), not to mentioned the 300 pics from our trip to Monterey. I'm been so sad about it that I haven't been motivate to blog. Truthfully I think it was a blessing in disguise. Since getting back from Monterey we've been busy with one thing after another. I'm trying to be positive and think of all the hours it's saved me from editing and blogging all the events I had pictures for. Now they'll just be mentioned and I can move on. For memory sake, I'm including a couple iphone pics and ones my dad took....
At the aquarium . . . these turtles came down back to back right in front of us! So cool! Watching the feeding was also a highlight. As well as the new jellyfish exhibit (trying not to cry about lost pictures..)
The girls were spoiled rotten with always having an aunt or uncle willing to read them stories. . .
Gorgeous sunset! The pics we lost of Bobby jumping into the sun were awesome! I had some pretty good jumps too! :)
Bob and I racing up the sand hill (after doing our awesome jumps). . .
Elle wanting to race. . .
Then the girls racing. . . Super sad about the cute pics I had of my girls and I enjoying the sun go down.
Karlee keeping Cal warm during sun set. . .
We got some great family pics on the beach - all lost! This will have to do. . .
Love these girls and how much they love the beach. . .
Pausing our game of Bang to ring in the New Year. . .
1 comment:
I'm sad about your pictures too! I think I got a few from bowling...but my camera was being weird, so I am not sure. I will check for you!
Post a Comment