Wednesday, March 5, 2014

RAIN!!!

All the rain we got last month was SUPER exciting for all of us! Last week it rained Wednesday night, Thursday, Friday and Saturday!! Friday we had nothing going on, so I figured I should let the kids enjoy it! So I sent them out with an umbrella and they had a grand time!
The umbrella was quickly ditched, cause who really needs an umbrella!
Elle was getting so wet she decided to loose the pants and boots and decided barefoot would be best! And of course Cal wanted the bike and helmet!
It rained off and on all morning - stopping long enough for us to run to the store, and then picked up pretty heavily during nap time! There was just a light sprinkle when we picked up Madi from school at 2pm.
The kids played inside after school. Then around 4pm, I saw sun pouring through our windows - totally knew what that meant! I ran to the garage, yelling for the kids to go look for a rainbow, and sure enough - there it was!! A gorgeous double rainbow! I'll forever think of this guy every time I see a double rainbow.  :)
It really was so bright and vivid! All our neighbors were coming out of their houses to take pictures. 
It started to fade pretty quickly, but after that kind of excitement no one was ready to head back inside!
Then the next thing I know, Elle's out in her swim suit jumping in puddles!
It was starting to get chilly though, so I gave her just a minute before we headed in for a warm bath!
What a prefect end to our rainy day!!

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

That first picture you have of the full rainbow, with just a little bit of the second one in the corner and the kids on the sidewalk...GORGEOUS!! We told our Sunbeam class about your fast for rain last week during our lesson. So glad you guys are finally getting the rain you need!

Melissa said...

I think I need to move to California. I swear if anything falls out of the sky other than the sun's rays, I may lose it over here!! It's been a long winter. Your family is beautiful!