Sunday, June 22, 2014

10 years!!

On June 5th Spencer and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary! Spencer's mom volunteered to watch the kids which was super nice. We headed out early - about 4:45pm and thanks to Spencer research, we found a new favorite Mexican restaurant in Thousand Oaks - Lupe's. I'm totally kicking myself that we didn't have our waitress take a picture of us (never did get that obligatory picture of us on our actual anniversary). Spencer was so sweet to plan the entire night, complete with bringing home 2 dozen roses . . .

And a proposal he handed to me during dinner for a fall getaway!
After dinner we headed out for some furniture shopping, but every place we'd planned on going to was either closed or had gone out of business! What luck! We figured it was a sign that we're not supposed to get anything yet. So Spencer suggested he take me swim suit shopping instead (I desperately need a new suit). I love how attentive Spencer is to my needs, but honestly trying on swim suits after a big dinner just wasn't what I was up for. I tried to be positive about it and gave two stores a try before I was completely exhausted and ready to head home. We were kicking ourselves over how early it still was and really wanted to take advantage of mom volunteering to babysit. So we took a detour and went to check out a new home about ready to go onto the market. No success there either, so we headed to the outlets for another shot at shopping. We were both exhausted and returned home empty handed at 8:30pm! Talk about party animals!! 
Luckily, we got another shot at an anniversary getaway this past weekend! On Friday, Spencer's firm planned a night of dinner and entertainment at the Magic Castle in Hollywood. It was quite the fancy event and we had a grand time!

We got a tour of the castle, saw 5 different magic shows, laughed harder than I have in a long time, ate good food, and had a great time hanging out with the other attorney's at his firm (and their wives). We left our house a little after 3pm and didn't get home until almost midnight! Totally made up for or 8:30pm anniversary night!
How lucky I am to have this amazing guy in my life! We couldn't be more perfect for each other! Ya, we have little things that bug us (like how I always leave kitchen cupboards open, and how he always leaves his clothes on the floor), but I love how we're able to talk about those little things and laugh about them. I love how he clams me down and knows how to help me relax and enjoy life! I Love you babe!

No comments: