Sunday, June 8, 2014

This and that

After downloading pictures from my phone, I realized how desperately I needed to do a blog post. No matter how hard I try, I just can't seem to stay caught up . . .  more posts coming soon!

Back in May we had some super hot days! 
We had to get a little creative with how to stay cool!

We took advantage of a free Saturday afternoon and hit up the beach!
I love how Madi takes her journal everywhere and is always wanting to record things:
 Per tradition, we hit up Padaro Beach Grill afterwards:

Open House night at Madi's school:
My favorite part of the whole thing was watching how excited Madi was to take us all to her school and show us around her classroom.
Mrs. Pidduck has been a great teacher for Madi. We're sad to have the only teachers she's ever had at Tierra Linda retire after this year. 
Open House night at Elle's school - Elle is much more shy and wouldn't even pose for a picture alone with her teacher. We sure do love Ms. Barbara and hope Calvin gets her in a couple years!
A little thank you Madi and Elle made for their teachers - just because!

Got home from a run one morning and came in to find this:
Like father, like son! Cal was watching a train video which Spencer promised me he had just started watching (cause I'm crazy like that and super paranoid about the amount of screen time our kids get)!

Two weekend in a row of waffles cones with Boppi! Boy are our kids spoiled!
Homemade matching aprons for the girls to wear while they cook with Boppi:

A play dough creation by Madi - our entire family with even "Jenkins" spelled out in play dough. Pretty impressive if you ask me!

Date nights with the kids!
$1 soft serve ice cream cones at McDonalds are my favorite! I never got one for myself though because I always end up finishing 3!!

Trying out new hairstyles, which Elle made me take out as soon as I'd snapped a picture - little stinker!

Madi and Panda bear!

I always know where to find Calvin at the library - by the Thomas Train books!

Spencer made his first cheesecake - just because we were feeding the missionaries and he wanted to try a new dessert! I love my incredible chef husband!
Oh, and Spencer got a new calling last Sunday! He hasn't yet been released as Stake Young Men's secretary, but Bishop received permission to call him as Young Men's 2nd counselor (over the deacons- 12 & 13 year old boys in our ward), and couldn't wait any longer (I guess Bishop has wanted Spencer to serve in our ward young men's program since he first met us back in December 2011, but the stake snatched him up first). Spencer is loving his new calling already and I can tell it's going to be keeping him very busy!

No comments: