Saturday, June 7, 2014

Spotlights

Back in April, when we went to my parents' house for spring break, Madi decided to spotlight someone different every night. So she interviewed each of us, took notes on what she observed, and then presented the info - having us guess who we thought it was! It was fun, but what I loved most was reading her spotlight sheets later. I came across these sweet spotlights while cleaning out the other day and thought they were too cute not to document!
The top part was where she recorded favorites (I guess she interviewed everyone with questions - I didn't realize Papa's favorite holiday was New Years:), then below she wrote down her own thoughts and observations:
"He works a lot. He gives lots of hugs and kisses! Takes good care of little children, not just his grand-children, but lots of people! He takes care of the dog everyday! He is a worker!"

Nailed it!

Gram's favorite Color: Red, Holiday: Christmas, Hobby: gardening, Animal: cat, Place: ocean, Season, spring

"Very cute. Dark hair. Always is in a sweet mood. And I noticed she helped me get down a dress-up clothes dress and got up at the top of the attic. She's so nice!"

About Elle:
"Very helpful! Nice! And I noticed that she helps her baby brother everyday! Funny! Cute! 
Brave! Mover"

Not sure what it means to be a "mover", but I sure liked how many exclamation points she used to describe Elle! For the record, Elle's favorite color is yellow, so not sure where Madi got that info.

Cal's favorites (according to Madi):
Color: blue, Holiday: Easter, Animal: cougar, Place: Chick-fil-a, Season: summer

"He is a cry baby sometimes! Funny! He loves trains! He likes Flowbees! 
He is scared of loud noises! Playful!  

I do have to note here on my spotlight that Madi was trying to interview me but I think it was during a crazy time and I wasn't giving her my undivided attention, so I know she made up some of her own answers to my favorites, like:
Animal: fish (really? I think I probably said I don't have a favorite animal, but maybe that answer wasn't acceptable for her spotlight)!

"Loves a peaceful house! Cleaning up! Takes care of the baby!" 

And Madi even did a spotlight for herself!! I'm guessing her favorite hobby here is "drawing"
Favorite animal: lamb, Season: winter, Place: Gram and Papa's house

"She is a great singer! She plays the piano! She loves her family! She has a sister that loves her!"



I also found another spotlight Madi did awhile back for a Family Home Evening lesson. She had given us hand drawn pictures of another family member. We were told to write something special about that person on the back, and then share it with the family. 

i found the picture of Elle, who Madi had written characteristics about:
On the back:
"I love how Elle is so loving. She helps a lot of people. And our own family. Elle is kind. 
PS. She's cute!"

No comments: