Sunday, November 11, 2007

YUM YUM Cereal!

Madilyn is officially a cereal eater now! We started her on cereal this past week and she LOVES it!! I started by giving her a Tbsp. mixed with milk. She ate so well that the next night I gave her a little bit more and the night after that, even more!! I wasn't sure if how much I was giving her was ok, but I figured if she's eating, keep feeding- RIGHT?!?!? The third day of cereal I gave her some for breakfast and dinner! Then just last night I was reading Madi's 4 month check-up sheet and in the nutrition section it talks about when to start babies on cereal and how much to give them. The three signs a baby is ready for solids are:
1) They're taking more than 32 oz. a day of formula (which she's NOT)! or....
2) They're nursing more frequently than every 3 hours (which she's NOT)! or....
3) Their birth weight has doubled (which it definitely hasn't)!!
Then at the end it says to start by giving 1-2 TEASPOONS and then gradually increase!
So, I guess from that I can conclude that 1- I started her too early and 2- I'm feeding her too much!!
Oh well, I don't think we can go back. She's HOOKED!

3 comments:

Lis said...

I agree! Dont go back! Who cares! shes happy, healthy and CUTE! Thats so fun. I always look at your blog and MADI and get really excited to be able to do what youre doing but with Lexi!!! (who magically WONT take a bottle as of LAST NIGHT?? what the heck!!!)

A tbsp seems like SOOO little!! Thats so funny.

Valerie said...

I say keep going, but keep an eye on her BMs. I kept giving Milana more and she got really constipated and the doctor said that it's pretty common since rice cereal is so binding!

Aunt Fay said...

Hey, Madi, just tell your parents that you are happy and well-adjusted and don't have an eating disorder so stop worrying! Besides, look how tall they are. You have a lot of growing to do. As much as I love your dad, I think you will do better not eating as much as he does. He's gotten a little... Maybe I shouldn't go there. Love ya lots, Spencer! You're doing a great job, Anie!